FREE Moving Boxes - Enough for a Whole House - You Pick Up in a Truck :-)

DonRocks

A friend of mine has recently moved, and has a room full (literally, a room, full) of about 40-50 moving boxes (stuffed with paper for insulation). These would be *perfect* for anyone moving an entire household of things, and are being given away to donrockwell.com members for free (or, if you have friends who need them, that's fine too).

There are two catches to which you should pay close attention (the third is merely a request):

* You'll need to pick them up, and since they're not broken down, you'll need a truck to do it with. When I say "a room full," I mean an entire room is full - you can imagine how much space 50-ish boxes takes up (there are about 6 of them that are wardrobe-sized, but they're all of varying sizes). Just visualize "a household move," and you'll visualize this.

* It's requested that you take them all, as this isn't only a giveaway to our members, but also a "get rid of" type of thing. If you're moving a one-bedroom apartment, for example, this would be too many boxes for you.

* It's also requested that you either give these away, sell them, or recycle them when you're finished, as they're 100% recyclable (these things are actually worth a small amount of money, and you could sell them on Craigslist - whatever you want to do; just please don't let them end up in a landfill).

My guess is that if you purchased these, they'd cost you about $200, and you'd need to assemble them - these are pre-assembled. This is both a blessing (you're saved a lot of work) and a curse (you'll need a fairly large truck, or you'll need to make multiple trips).

If you're interested, please PM me. This offer is only good for donrockwell.com members, as a way to thank you for being active here. The first credible request get them, but please don't underestimate the amount of space these will take up. The owner is very motivated to get rid of these, but nothing is urgent - they are currently being stored in South Arlington, not far from Del Ray and The Pentagon.

Don't assume that people are going to jump all over this today - I'll let you know when the boxes are gone, but realistically, this is a "right thing at the right time" situation, and I doubt anyone is going to request them in the next five minutes. 

I look forward to hearing from you,
Rocks

On 7/29/2017 at 0:09 PM, DonRocks said:

Don't assume that people are going to jump all over this today - I'll let you know when the boxes are gone, but realistically, this is a "right thing at the right time" situation, and I doubt anyone is going to request them in the next five minutes. 

I had a feeling these might not go, because its a timing thing. Within a week or so, they'll be offered on Craigslist, so if you want them, act soon.