Fairfield Inn & Suites, 25th Street and Philadelphia Avenue in Ocean City

Dr. Delicious

Location and Rates for Tonight - Website with Best-Rate Guarantee

This is a new hotel, on the bay, at 25th Street. It's a very easy walk to the beach, even though it traverses a couple main roads. Also, it's aligned with the end of the boardwalk, and thus provides easy access to that aspect of OC. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms come with a solid full, hot, buffet breakfast. Beware that the pool is a sham: sure, there is one, but it's so small I doubt you could fit more than 8 kids in it. We like to regularly incorporate the pool into our beach vacations, so this was disappointing. They are also in dire need of an outside shower or hose, to assist with getting off the sand. Still, the hotel is shiny and new, with breakfast, and in a great location, so you could do a lot worse.

2 hours ago, Dr. Delicious said:

Beware that the pool is a sham: sure, there is one, but it's so small I doubt you could fit more than 8 kids in it. We like to regularly incorporate the pool into our beach vacations, so this was disappointing. They are also in dire need of an outside shower or hose, to assist with getting off the sand. 

That's what the pool is for. ;)

Just now, DonRocks said:

That's what the pool is for. ;)

Hah, yeah, that was partly our intention when we first went (after realizing there was no shower/hose), and we weren't the only ones...that tiny pool was filled with sand.

I was surprised there was no shower/hose, which strikes me as pretty standard for a "beach hotel". After our first day on the beach, the floor of our room was gritty. There's a shower at the last boardwalk entry to the beach, not far from the hotel's 25th St entry to the beach, that is key.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Delicious said:

Hah, yeah, that was partly our intention when we first went (after realizing there was no shower/hose), and we weren't the only ones...that tiny pool was filled with sand.

I was surprised there was no shower/hose, which strikes me as pretty standard for a "beach hotel". After our first day on the beach, the floor of our room was gritty. There's a shower at the last boardwalk entry to the beach, not far from the hotel's 25th St entry to the beach, that is key.

Is this four stars primarily because of its proximity to the beach and its newness? The pictures on the website look nice, but boy is it expensive to stay at the beach in the summertime (it's showing prices in the $300s now).

Yeah, it's not 4 stars because of its affordability!

Why that ranking?: Newness; modern, comfortable, and big rooms; proximity to beach; proximity to boardwalk; hot and cold breakfast (including 2 mini waffle makers!); friendliness of staff; easy and ample parking. 

• Like 1