Michael Hedges

Pool Boy

Guitar guy that weaves some serious tapestries. My brother turned me on to him in the mid 80s on a mix tape that was very carefully curated and crafted as the next step in my musical appreciation odyssey. My brother is at the core of my musical being and I owe him an awful, awful lot for that gift. I just wish he was here to share me in this journey still - just like I wish Mr. Hedges were still here to dazzle us with his gift.

• Like 2

Wow.  I hardly know anyone who has heard of him.  I saw him live several times, including once with Leo Kottke (who I saw this year in Clearwater, Fla. as well - still great, still eccentric).  He was an excellent performer and, after reading your post, I went running to find my "Live on the Double Planet" CD and am playing it as I type.  What a guitarist/stylist.  Thanks for jogging my memory.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 11:12 AM, Steve R. said:

Wow.  I hardly know anyone who has heard of him.  I saw him live several times, including once with Leo Kottke (who I saw this year in Clearwater, Fla. as well - still great, still eccentric).  He was an excellent performer and, after reading your post, I went running to find my "Live on the Double Planet" CD and am playing it as I type.  What a guitarist/stylist.  Thanks for jogging my memory.

I often circle back to favorite pieces of his in my all too long commute these days, cranked very loudly - not to be annoying, but to let the music overtake me, and let the rest of the world subside, ebb at this glorious music and pause.