The 2017-2018 NFL Season (Sep 7, 2017 - Feb 4, 2018)

Ericandblueboy

On 9/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, Ericandblueboy said:

The NFL season starts tonight, and the Pats are favored by 9.5 against the Chiefs. Who would you pick against the spread and why?

I wish I could have answered your question, but I didn't have adequate expertise because all my focus was on Clemson. However, I did update the thread on Opening Day Starting Quarterbacks - note the substantial changes between 2014 and 2017.

---

Sep 8, 2017 - "7 Things We Learned in the Chiefs' 42-27 Win over the Patriots in the NFL Season Opener" by Adam Stites on sbnation.com

There are two things people weren't counting on in this game: Kareem Hunt, and (perhaps because of Kareem Hunt) Alex Smith. Although I didn't see this game, I saw the Chiefs play the Texans on Oct 8, and Kareem Hunt seemed unstoppable: The first player to hit him slows him down so the second player can grab him, and wait for the third player to make the tackle. Based on Alex Smith's previous seasons, the addition of Hunt this year (he's a rookie) may be making Smith a *lot* better - as of Oct 23, Smith is having an NFL MVP-caliber season, and it came out of nowhere.

"Alex Smith is NFL MVP Candidate. Wait, What?" by Daniel Brown on mercurynews.com

Also, Tyreek Hill is one of the fastest players I've ever seen.