Urban Tandoor - Owner Rajeev Mainali's Northern Indian on N. Quincy Street and Wilson Blvd. in Ballston

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

I can't think of another Indian restaurant in walking distance of the Ballston metro at the moment. We will definitely give it a try.

I'm curious about the name: Is there anything unusual about a tandoor in an urban location?

Speaking of that northeast corner, the southwest corner, i.e., Isabella Cove, isn't exactly going gangbusters of late.

Opened on March 29, 2018, at 801 N. Quincy St, Arlington, VA (via ArlNow)

My friends had dinner and lunch buffet there when it first opened and loved it so I was eager to try it.  I went about a month ago with my friend for lunch buffet on a Monday at noon.  What I got in the buffet was old, dry food.  Did not like it much at all.  Maybe if I came mid-week or mid-buffet hours I might have gotten fresh food.  The butter chicken was particularly dry.  Especially bad was the palak paneer (a favorite of mine).  Have you ever had paneer that tasted like brie?  Ugh.  I don't want to have that experience again.  Maybe I will try again at a different time.  My friends had raved about it, so I am willing to give it another chance, but thumbs down on my first try.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1