My friend just showed me a carry-on suitcase she purchased that has a cell-phone charger on it! Now there's an idea so obvious that nobody thought of it before now.

It's FDA carry-on-compliant, and is called "Away" - it has a really nice look, good functionality, a hard shell, and costs $245 (promoted down to $225). This particular model is a collaboration with Rashida Jones, and is called "The Bigger Carry-On."

---

Several years ago, I was in the market for some quality luggage - I'd been slumming it my entire life with junk suitcases that were ugly and always fell apart. I consulted with a friend of mine who flies just about every week. His advice: Don't Buy Tumi - it's overpriced, and has no durability (I have one Tumi suitcase, and I can verify that it fell apart in about one year - it's junk).

He steered me instead to Eagle Creek, and if you go all-in on the accessories (which compartmentalize different things in the suitcase), it's just about the perfect luggage. I was shocked that a handle broke after about five years, because when I bought it, I could tell immediately upon examination that it was seriously heavy-duty, and except for this one thing, it has stood the test of time.

My friend just showed me a carry-on suitcase she purchased that has a cell-phone charger on it! Now there's an idea so obvious that nobody thought of it before now.

It's FDA carry-on-compliant, and is called "Away" - it has a really nice look, good functionality, a hard shell, and costs $245 (promoted down to $225). This particular model is a collaboration with Rashida Jones, and is called "The Bigger Carry-On."

I just took my first trip with my new "Away" suitcase. Even though I checked my bag, the built-in charger was useful. My friend and I were both able to charge our phones in the rental car while awaiting our evening flight. He used the car charger and I used my suitcase, and my phone charged much more quickly than his.

The bag held up well, and the one scuff mark wiped off with a little water. I chose a lovely dark lavender color, which made it easy to spot at the baggage claim. It is roomy for a carry-on size, and even has a small hidden laundry bag inside.

• Like 1