Patton Oswalt (1969-) - Stand-Up Comic from Portsmouth, VA - Recently Released "Annihilation" on Netflix

Al Dente

IMHO, Patton Oswalt is one of the funniest comics out there. His new stand-up special on Netflix, "Annihilation" is riotously funny and at the same time tremendously poignant. 

During the first third or so of the show, Oswalt lays down some jokes about the current POTUS that are freakin' hilarious. I have copied and pasted one of my favorite jokes below and whited it out so you can view it by highlighting. I don't want to offend anyone who doesn't appreciate humor regarding this topic.

The rest of the show is devoted to his experience, over the last year, of dealing with the unexpected death of his wife and impact on his young son. Obviously a heavy and personal topic, but Oswalt pulls it off without being maudlin or undignified. I've never seen any stand-up routine quite like it. Actually, I feel bad about calling it a stand-up routine-- it's much more.

I highly recommend it.

A review from the AV Club

Now the joke:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And by the way, I feel bad — I feel bad for Trump.
The poor guy — look. Here's what happened.
They had that, that, uh, the journalist dinner, the correspondents dinner.
Obama went up, made fun of Donald, very mean.
And Donald said, "I'm takin' his job. You don't make fun of me. I'll take your job."
Spent all this money. Now he has the job, and he's sittin' there, goin', "This job sucks. My life before this was amazing, it was golf and hookers and jets."
Donald Trump taking Obama's job would be like if the head of linguistics at Rutgers made fun of David Lee Roth.
And David Lee Roth was like, "I'm gonna take his job,
zibbly-bobbly-boop."
And then he spends 40 million dollars. And he goes into that first meeting like, "All right, I'm the head of linguistics at Rutgers! Bring on the hookers and the cocaine!"
And they're like, "No, we're gonna talk about the lack of recursion in German Romantic poetry."
And he's like, "
Humaly-bebaly-zibbly-boobly? What just happened?""

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JimCo said:

He's also from the D.C. area and performs here every year or two. I've been twice to see him at the Warner. He had a great bit about the old Tom Carvel commercials that I think you can find on YouTube. 

I never knew Carvel's first name was Tom until just now - was it Carvel himself that did the ads? Whoever it was sounded like he was talking with ice cream in his mouth. :)