Looking For Great Prepared Foods for Dinner At Home

AdmiralAdama

So, my return to DC has me wanting to throw some dinner parties. But my DC work schedule makes MAKING dinner a little hard. 

Can anyone think of markets, groceries, delis, or other places where you could pick up some great home-style food? Like pan-fried whole chickens, fancy soups, etc? Sort of like Whole Foods Hot Bar, but a lot better? Something like Eataly or more ethnic might work....

Thanks! I could direct you to places like this in Chicago or LA, but I'm lost here!

G

Stachowski Market offers a hot prepared dinner Monday through Friday that you can reserve and pick up on the way home from work.  They could probably help you size the order for how many guests you are having.  The downside is that you won't know until the day of what the dinner is.  You might also want to take a stroll through Union Market to see if anything there might suit your purposes.  The Italian Store has some prepared Italian meals in its refrigerator that we regularly turn to for a quick, easy, and satisfying meal.  They also sell these items (and more) by the pound off their catering menu.  The Lebanese Taverna Market also is an option for strong meal that can be picked up thrown together quickly.  Most everything is already prepared/cooked.  I think they have cooked kabobs but broiling the uncooked kabobs produces better results and really takes little time and effort.  Warm up some pita and fill a few serving bowls with some mezza you buy at the counter and you have yourself a party.

The Best Meal Delivery Services in D.C. (And We’re Not Talking Uber Eats), by Kate Stoltzfus in Food on Jun 7, 2017 10:38 am on dcist.com.

For something a little different check out Foodhini.

The company provides opportunities for immigrants and refugees to prepare home-style meals.  Place an order the day before and they will deliver the next day between 5pm-9pm.

Their chefs make Persian, Filipino, Syrian, lao, and Tibetan cuisine. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Tweaked said:

For something a little different check out Foodhini.

The company provides opportunities for immigrants and refugees to prepare home-style meals.  Place an order the day before and they will deliver the next day between 5pm-9pm.

Their chefs make Persian, Filipino, Syrian, lao, and Tibetan cuisine. 

Wow, that looks great.  Has anyone tried this?