Eating Single: A Chance To Try a Few New Places

ktmoomau

Hubby is going to be away on business Saturday and Sunday night.  We have NOTHING in the fridge, and I don't see much point in getting groceries until he comes back.  I haven't been to many new and talked about restaurants in DC for a while- between work, chairing my non-profit group, etc, we have been eating out just to have food, not to dine, or eating out with other people who have driven the location.  I like eating at bars, and so I see this as a good opportunity to squeak in as a single to a bar or restaurant that otherwise is tough to get into or that Hubby might not love.  So what are your favorite or favorite new(ish) spots in DC that I could likely find a spot at a bar and eat some good food?  

Oh, and does Mirabelle have a bar?

We had an absolutely fantastic meal at Bresca on 14th St last night, which started at the bar.  If I'm not mistaken there were single spots available at the (pretty small...10 seat?) bar the whole time we were there from 5:15 to 7:15, and if that's the case on a Friday night I'm sure it would be on a Sunday night as well. Food was really, really good...will do a write-up soon.