Fantasy Football - Because the Rest of Us Aren't 6'5", 325 Pounds

DaveO

There are two things people weren't counting on in this game: Kareem Hunt, and (perhaps because of Kareem Hunt) Alex Smith. Although I didn't see this game, I saw the Chiefs play the Texans on Oct 8, and Kareem Hunt seemed unstoppable: The first player to hit him slows him down so the second player can grab him, and wait for the third player to make the tackle. Based on Alex Smith's previous seasons, the addition of Hunt this year (he's a rookie) may be making Smith a *lot* better - as of Oct 23, Smith is having an NFL MVP-caliber season, and it came out of nowhere.

Once the established RB at KC was injured, fantasy football players snatched up Hunt like crazy.  Of course they couldn't imagine how great his first games were going to be.  But they valued him.

(I don't play FF currently but cripes it took me 2 seasons to get over withdrawal symptoms). 

On 10/24/2017 at 5:30 PM, DaveO said:

(I don't play FF currently but cripes it took me 2 seasons to get over withdrawal symptoms). 

I'm about to give it up. My first round pick? David Johnson. My starting quarterback? Aaron Rodgers. My backup quarterback? Carson Palmer.

Remarkably, however, I'm in 3rd place!

5 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

I'm about to give it up. My first round pick? David Johnson. My starting quarterback? Aaron Rodgers. My backup quarterback? Carson Palmer.

Remarkably, however, I'm in 3rd place!

LOl.  instead of playing FF, if you were playing FI (fantasy injuries) you'd be in first place lapping the field.  :D

Some NFL players play fantasy football.

Its not only for skinny pencil necked geeks.  (Place me in the latter group)

17 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

I lost this week 52 to 133. 

I had some losses like that and without the injury bug ☹️

As the season progresses and without playing FF I find my interest waning.  Before leaving I played in some keeper leagues wherein you would keep a few players from the just finished season.  It fortified my interest in a few players.  I drafted Anthony Brown before he got great and still follow him for that reason.

Injuries. Ugh they have similar impact in real and fantasy football. (Aaron Rodgers)

4 hours ago, DaveO said:

Injuries. Ugh they have similar impact in real and fantasy football. (Aaron Rodgers)

I dropped Rodgers when he was injured, but picked him up again last week since it sounds like he could be back in Week 15. Hopefully, he'll crank out the usual points should I make it to the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Al Dente said:

I need 19 points out of Jarvis Landry and the NE Defense tonight. This is the playoffs people! Send good vibes!

Ooh good luck.  Playoffs are where the $ is.

FF.  It used to use up all my time.  Watched Ravens -Steelers last night before falling asleep before the end.  Antonio Brown killed the Ravens.  Damn: I still follow him b/c of FF.  Picked him up in his 2nd or 3rd yr as a very low pick in a keeper league with PPR. big $$ FF League.   Damn I ‘d still have him and his draft status would still be low.  He is a “get you in the playoffs stud”

Good luck again.

oh my. Your receiver is going against your Dee.  I hate when that happens.  To bad the Dee wasn’t going against the Colts or the Skins

much later;  nice td for your receiver!!!!   Blimey. Miami’s Dee is the hot one tonight