Oh Mama Grill, Israeli and Middle-Eastern Grill and Shawarma on Rockville Pike and Rollins Avenue in Rockville

On 11/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, SilverBullitt said:

When I went in early summer (on a Thursday), one of the waiters told me that Thursdays and Sundays are their busiest days.  The food is good and it is one of the few kosher restaurants in the area so I expect they are pretty busy during the week.

Coincidentally, I got a flyer today advertising the grand opening of Oh Mama Grill on Rollins Ave. (Rockville).  I think it is where there is or was a kosher market and the first version of Moti's (now al-Ha'esh).  Looks like they have a similar menu to al-Ha'esh.

1 hour ago, SilverBullitt said:

Coincidentally, I got a flyer today advertising the grand opening of Oh Mama Grill on Rollins Ave. (Rockville).  I think it is where there is or was a kosher market and the first version of Moti's (now al-Ha'esh).  Looks like they have a similar menu to al-Ha'esh.

Similar menu.  Similar logos . Lower prices!

We went back on Tuesday.  Food was just as good but we had a different server and the experience wasn't the same.  No water refills, wrong dessert for BL-5th grader, no descriptions of the salads at least one of which was different than the week before, and no check in so no refills on the salads.  We were full and in a rush but I would have eaten more pickles had I been offered them!

Went here last night for takeout after my daughter's swim practice at GP.  I got the the shawarma platter, wife and daughter got falafel sandwiches.  While as Daniel points out, it's not unlimited salads, the volume of salad provided in the platter was more than enough.  I thought the shawarma was well spiced, and there was a lot of it.  It was accompanied by a soft and pillowy pita.  They had three types of schug, all of which were very tasty.  I had it topped with amba and tahini.  Wife and daughter really enjoyed their falafel sandwiches as well with daughter exclaiming that it was moist and not dried out as she is typically accustomed to.  She also enjoyed the flavor (I didn't get to try any).  The sandwich was overstuffed and even though she had just "swam 10-50's" as a part of her swim practice, she wasn't able to finish it.  All of the entrees allow you to get a pita, laffa, or platter.  The staff was very nice and accommodating.  Will definitely be back. 

• Like 4