Since I was a young girl, "Roman Holiday" has been one of my favorite films. It won three Academy Awards: best actress, costume design and screenwriting. I watched it again, and I still love it. It isn't the most complicated story. There aren't any special effects. But the chemistry between Peck and Hepburn is compelling, and the shots of Rome are delightful. The thing that makes this film a classic--the standard by which romantic comedies are judged, and often found lacking--is Audrey Hepburn.  

• Like 1

Spoiler alert

I love the scene at the end when she has returned to being princess and she is asked by reporters which city she enjoyed most. She begins to give the standard line "I loved them all" then she catches herself and declares "Rome! Definitely Rome!" Very touching for the reporters who protected her secret.

20 minutes ago, MC Horoscope said:

Spoiler alert

I love the scene at the end when she has returned to being princess and she is asked by reporters which city she enjoyed most. She begins to give the standard line "I loved them all" then she catches herself and declares "Rome! Definitely Rome!" Very touching for the reporters who protected her secret.

Yes, I loved that scene as well. The looks Hepburn and Peck exchange across the room during her press conference near the end of the film are amazing as well. Both actors convey so much meaning with only their eyes.

• Like 1