100% Rotten Tomato Rating- 1st in History

I have yet to read a negative review on the film Lady Bird. As a gift to your Mom, or any person you care about, treat them to a showing of Lady Bird. In true fashion, I do not want to give too much away.  The story centers around a young lady attending parochial school who is coming of age, and trying to figure life out.  That is all I want to divulge. Go see it, and return, and lets discuss all of the bits of this absolutely beautiful story. 

I hate California, I want to go to the east coast. I want to go where culture is like, New York, or Connecticut or New Hampshire - Lady Bird

-kat

On 11/30/2017 at 12:17 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

100% Rotten Tomato Rating- 1st in History

I have yet to read a negative review on the film Lady Bird. As a gift to your Mom, or any person you care about, treat them to a showing of Lady Bird. In true fashion, I do not want to give too much away.  The story centers around a young lady attending parochial school who is coming of age, and trying to figure life out.  That is all I want to divulge. Go see it, and return, and lets discuss all of the bits of this absolutely beautiful story. 

I hate California, I want to go to the east coast. I want to go where culture is like, New York, or Connecticut or New Hampshire - Lady Bird

-kat

I saw "Lady Bird" tonight. Three "coming of age" films popped into my head: "Lady Bird, "It," and "Stand by Me."

(Forget the Brat Pack stuff - it's not as good.)

"It" doesn't belong in the same sentence as the other two, so is my favorite "Stand by Me," or "Lady Bird?"

I think it's "Lady Bird."

That said, 2017 is shaping up to be a very weak "Best Picture" year.

The best Coming-of-Age films might be from the 1950s. That said, "Lady Bird" was not at all cloying, and was genuinely warm, funny, and touching, all at once - it's a very good movie, and I cannot think of another really good film in the genre that's female-centric.

Right! It was just pointed out to me that there's also "The 400 Blows." Until the test of time is passed, that pretty much settles it, but "Lady Bird" is in that same league.

• Like 1

I just saw this film at the Drafthouse in Arlington, and I loved it. "Lady Bird" and "Get Out" are the two frontrunners for Best Picture for me from what I have seen of the nominees so far.

I lived near Sacramento for more than 20 years, so I enjoyed the references to the area. Plus, both of my children attended Catholic school, so this part of the film hit home as well. This is a funny and heartfelt coming-of-age film that rings true throughout. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 3:09 AM, DonRocks said:

I suspect the reason nobody has answered is the same reason I hadn't: No - but I trust your taste, and have filed these away in memory for future use. :)

Yeah - they are a bit obscure. But I don't love mainstream film.... although, I did enjoy Lady Bird a lot.