kitkatpaddywak

#donrockwelldotcom - Congratulations, It's a Hashtag

Back in 2005, I  arrived in DC hungry to meet like minded folks like myself. Little did I know nearly 13 years later this thread is still going strong. Now I’m looking to bridge the gap between DonRockwell.com and Instagram.

I talk to Rocks briefly, and he gave  his blessing, or he says he’s interested in me leading the way. After all, all social media experiences a wave of popularity that phases in and out. But with all of the great content on Instagram, a lightbulb went off in my head. Why not link the two forums? New updates on Instagram has a feature where you can follow #hashtags. So the next time you post, add the hashtag #donrockwelldotcom. And if you happen to be on Instagram, let me know what your handle is, and Ill follow. 

This is my first attempt at leading a social media campaign. Please be patient with me, and if you have any other suggestions on how to build momentum, I’m all ears. This too may build our Don Rockwell Community by adding members. I am hopefull.  So while introducing yourself, please let me know who you are on Instagram! Looking forward to following everyone’s rec’s!!

life_is_a_banquet, ( my handle)

kat

and so it begins. If you are on Instagram please add this hashtag to your postings so that we all can follow your posts. No matter what region of the US you reside, it doesn't matter. I started in the District, but have I have moved back to the town I grew up in, and plan on putting as much effort to expand DR.com.  We can create a guide that is more powerful, as well as influential as YELP.  Although it began here, its shall  include various areas of the country, if not world. And the topics are not limited to food. Use the tag for a new book you read, an awesome film you just saw, an art exhibition you just attended, a cookbook you just got, dinner you made, the list is endless. When I joined DR.com nearly 13 years ago, my mission was to meet like minded people who loved food as much as I do. Dr.com has become a community that I trust, and have had the honor to call many of you, friends.  Please join me , and let's make #donrockwelldotcom  trending!

#hashtag Queen,

kat

• Like 1

Will post for free food marks the dawn of a new era of promoting restaurants, and building social media cred. Let me be crystal clear, NO POST OF MINE HAS EVER BEEN SPONSORED, or bought.  Connecting Instagram and Donrockwell.com is a means of broadening our member base, and reaching outside the DMV. Honesty, along with organic reviews are what we are proud of here on this forum, and that will not change one iota. 

#donrockwelldotcom,

kat

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, FranklinDubya said:

I'll start doing this on my future IG posts!

Thank you @FranklinDubya!! He has followed through and posted using the #donrockwelldotcom, and is in the process of posting a full review from his INSTA post to  DR.COM. Good work! 

On 1/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Thank you @FranklinDubya!! He has followed through and posted using the #donrockwelldotcom, and is in the process of posting a full review from his INSTA post to  DR.COM. Good work! 

Kat, if we didn't have you, we'd need to invent you.

• Thanks 1