Easton Public Market - Large, Community-Supported Market Open Daily in Easton, PA

curiouskitkatt

Since moving back home, I have gotten into a routine to just hop in my car and venture to places that I hope are interesting, and delicious. I try not to do to much research, cause I relish in the discovery of a new, and exciting spot. Easton Public Market  did not disappoint. My plan was to head toward Fishtown, but made a left and 77 miles later I landed in Easton. I knew there was a Crayola factory downtown, but I had no idea the abundance of gourmet gems. My first stop was at Bank St Creamery, located in the the alley way just around the corner of the public market. Bank St Creamery, once know as the Purple Cow Creamery, was started by a husband and wife team back in 1998. Their small batch, high quality ingredient of  rich ice creams serve traditional flavors like vanilla,  but have local favorites like Orange bergamot, and Easton bisque. I didn't try the Easton Bisque, but should have. I think it may be similar to the Old Bay Caramel at the Charmery in Hampden, Md. Next stop, the Public Market. 

Right inside the door to your left there is a ramen joint, and the the right a Fish monger.  As I walked deeper into the market, I knew I had landed in a delicious spot.  There was a kitchen space toward the end of the market that offered classes to which  I grabbed a flyer, and plan on revisiting and taking. I rounded the corner, and a wine bar was the perfect spot to rest and sample the offerings. Tolino Winery is a located in Bangor, Pa, and is family owned and operated. I had no idea there were an abundance of wineries in Pennsylvania. I learned that  Chambourcin is a varietal that is common to the Mid- Atlantic .After being poured a glass, I was able to roam the Market. I glided over to  Chocodiem. By far the best chocolates I have had to date. These Belgian chocolates have won numerous awards, and  is  endorsement by  Jacque Torres, the ever charming  Mr Chocolate himself. I recall Chocodiem recently opening an outpost in Clinton, NJ.  The chocolates are divine. 

I rounded out my tasteventure  with a stop at Scratch.  Scatch is a farm to table pizzeria and brewery. The  margherita pizza was amazing . Most of the ingredients they use are sourcedlocally, one of them being  Apple Ridge Farm in Saylorsburg, Pa. On their website they list where all of the ingredients come from, and  answers the calling to eating responsibly.  I didn't try the brews, or spirits on account I already was two glasses in with wine. This gives me an excuse to come back and try several more of the offerings Easton Public Market has to offer.  Overall, outstanding. 

Roaming gourmet,

kat

• Thanks 1