Cherrydale Hardware - Lee Highway in North Arlington

dcs

I hate to shop.  I really hate to shop.  It seems like such a waste of time.  For that reason I tend to do my shopping online, because sometimes you just really need to get something.  But I recognize there are local businesses and we do need to support them.  Case in point:  Cherrydale Hardware.  Staffed by an expert crew, many of whom seem barely 20 years old, this place is a gem and for someone like me, it is a godsend.  I walk in the door and am immediately asked what I need and am led directly to that item.  I grab it, pay, and am out the door in no time.  Are you looking for a single screw?  No problem.  Someone will go through a wall of small drawers with you to get you the exact screw that you need, place it in a small plastic bag, and charge you $0.05 (or less depending on the item).  No up-sell in this place.  They have a Garden Center in the back that converts into a Christmas Store between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.  Old school hours, too - 8:30am to 6:00pm, 7 days a week.  This place is so good, it has two websites.  This one and that one.  It dates back to 1935 or 1938 depending upon which website you believe.  Its Facebook page is populated with tips and advice for you DIYers, while other posts are mere whimsy.  It shares the building with a Freemason's Lodge.  Doesn't get any more authentic than that.  Stop on in and get an extra set of keys made.  You know you need them and you have been meaning to get around to it someday.

Dan Sweeney

• Like 3