Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FranklinDubya

Blue Bottle Coffee - An Oakland-Based Chain of Coffee Boutiques Owned by Nestlé

Recommended Posts

On 1/21/2018 at 5:44 PM, aspgirl99 said:

Found this neat little coffee shop in Georgetown.  Very small and almost hidden.  No parking.  Very modern feel to the shop - very light and airy.  I didn't have the coffee.  I had the iced tea and it was fresh brewed to order.  People in the shop said the coffee is fantastic, that it has almost a cult following.

Blue Bottle Coffee

I was in San Francisco the weekend before last and grabbed a cup from here while ambling around the ferry station at the waterfront (it had a line even though there were probably 5-6 other places serving coffee so I figured it must have some level of quality).  Very good cup of Colombian coffee - not the best I'd ever had or anything but I can't recall anything I've had recently that was better from a coffee shop.  If I were in the area I'd absolutely grab a cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, FranklinDubya said:

I was in San Francisco the weekend before last and grabbed a cup from here while ambling around the ferry station at the waterfront (it had a line even though there were probably 5-6 other places serving coffee so I figured it must have some level of quality).  Very good cup of Colombian coffee - not the best I'd ever had or anything but I can't recall anything I've had recently that was better from a coffee shop.  If I were in the area I'd absolutely grab a cup.

For such a large company, Nestlé does very well at making coffee, right down to their "Nespresso Machines" that you sometimes see in hotels (they're not bad at all - I've seen them in San Francisco, and I've seen them in France). I guess the Swiss take some pride in their coffee, because I've been consistently impressed with these make-your-own, robotic machines. We have a couple Blue Bottle Coffee shops here in DC (Georgetown, Union Market), and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 3:46 AM, DonRocks said:

For such a large company, Nestlé does very well at making coffee, right down to their "Nespresso Machines" that you sometimes see in hotels (they're not bad at all - I've seen them in San Francisco, and I've seen them in France). I guess the Swiss take some pride in their coffee, because I've been consistently impressed with these make-your-own, robotic machines. We have a couple Blue Bottle Coffee shops here in DC (Georgetown, Union Market), and I'm looking forward to trying it.

I didn't know they were owned by Nestle but I guess it makes sense given the sleek design and on point heavy branding, but also agreed on Nespresso machines which are quite good.  I will say my palate for coffee is sort of less keen these days mainly because we have free kureig coffee in my office means that now when I drink almost anything else it tastes great by comparison... still though, at minimum this place's brew was way above average at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FranklinDubya said:

I didn't know they were owned by Nestle but I guess it makes sense given the sleek design and on point heavy branding

I think the Nestle acquisition happened only within the past several months. Blue Bottle had been the same successful design and brand for years before that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I think the Nestle acquisition happened only within the past several months. Blue Bottle had been the same successful design and brand for years before that.

Nestlé is a very, very large company, actually the largest food company in the world. They do almost $3billion in water business yearly because they own 38 brands (Evian, Perrier, Panna, San Pelegrino, +++) and a surpising number of food businesses. Much more than Swiss Miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×