Gift Tray of Petits Fours - Looking for One that Is Reasonably Fresh-Baked

SRJ

Can anyone recommend a bakery or restaurant that makes good gift trays of cookies, doughnuts, pastries, chocolates, or any other kind snack that a group might like to receive as a gift? I'm thinking something fresh baked to eat right away rather than a gift basket of canned goods. Downtown DC in close proximity to the Capitol would be best.

It would be great if DC had more blue-collar Italian bakeries like you'd find in NY or NJ or Philly. I've tried the Pretzel Bakery before but their pretzels tend to get hard and stale if you don't eat them within 20 minutes.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:42 PM, SRJ said:

It would be great if DC had more blue-collar Italian bakeries like you'd find in NY or NJ or Philly. I've tried the Pretzel Bakery before but their pretzels tend to get hard and stale if you don't eat them within 20 minutes.

Maybe Mangialardo & Sons could do this, but I doubt seriously that they're baked in-house. I suspect that most NJ / Philly Italian mom-n-pops purchase their cookies and the like.

Do you still need this, SRJ? If so, write me, and I'll try and get this done for you.

Thanks very much for the offer, but this was for a Valentine's Day gift for my office so the immediate need has passed. I'm always looking for a place like this though, so if anyone has any other ideas I'd still appreciate the suggestions.

I haven't tried Nino's yet near Franklin Square. I'd like to know more about the offerings at Catania because I've rarely been there with their limited hours.