Streets Market and Cafe, Organic Grocery Store in Del Ray

DIShGo

I popped into Streets Market one day after taking a yoga class at Mind the Mat in Del Ray. I needed a couple of things for dinner that night, but I wound up buying much more.

Streets is a small store with a really nice produce department, an interesting beer and wine section,  and some specialty items, such as a specific chili mix and a black cherry jam that I haven't seen in a store since I moved here from CA.

Today I went there for a Carroll Shelby chili seasoning packet to go with some ground venison from Gourmet Butcher, and I ending up buying mochi ice cream and a huge papaya as well. The only thing I haven't bought here is meat, which seems to be the weakest section of the store.  

Stopped in today to get some lunch in the cafe and watch the end of the Women's World Cup Final.  I was watching YouTube earlier and was craving a spicy noodle bowl, so I got the spicy beef ramen.  The broth was a miso ramen with some added spice, not super spicy, but a nice you can eat this and go one with your day without worry heat level.  I was also excited that they had Vasen, raspberry lime otter, one of their sour beers on tap.  Hopping they get the cans of this in.  The egg was definitely not soft boiled, but was fine.  The noodles were fine, nice veg, and thin sliced beef.  It hit the spot and I will be back to try other items.  It just has a nice selection of things that make it just slightly more interesting than some other nearby places.  

Hubby had beef bulgogi and a seaweed salad and was quite happy with it.

Don- you may want to have this in both the restaurants and shopping and cooking forum- it's a nice little small grocery, but also has a restaurant and bar in it.