Star Fish, An Extensive Seafood Menu in The Heights - Owned by Cherry Pie Hospitality

Josh

Cristina and I ducked out of a business cocktail thing early and took advantage of the fact that we had a sitter, and stopped into the relatively new Star Fish on Heights Blvd for a drink and snacks. The chilled seafood tower did not disappoint.  Drinks menu is extensive, and will reward multiple return trips to make my way through the various martinis, gin & tonics, and sparkling wines.  The "Saltwater" G&T, with star anise and "ocean water tincture" was delicious...a hint of brine, but nothing crazy.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:17 PM, Josh said:

The "Saltwater" G&T, with star anise and "ocean water tincture" was delicious...a hint of brine, but nothing crazy.

My guess is that if the ocean-water tincture *wasn't* kept in check, it would be kind of gross, but tinctures do tend to be used in droplets.

Star Fish is owned by Cherry Pie Hospitality, the owners of Pi Pizza et al. Is this related to the St. Louis-based Pi Pizza (which has a location in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington, DC?) It doesn't appear to be, but the similarities in name and logo are striking.

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

My guess is that if the ocean-water tincture *wasn't* kept in check, it would be kind of gross, but tinctures do tend to be used in droplets.

Star Fish is owned by Cherry Pie Hospitality, the owners of Pi Pizza et al. Is this related to the St. Louis-based Pi Pizza (which has a location in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington, DC?) It doesn't appear to be, but the similarities in name and logo are striking.

I don't think the Pi's are related. The Pi in Houston began as a food truck, and ultimately opened its brick and mortar location in conjunction with Cherry Pie.  Not sure if they were always partnered, or if that came with the move from truck to restaurant.