4 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Are you talking about Red Stag?! I went to a dinner with Fred Noe when he was introducing that stuff "to get women to drink Bourbon" (his words), and I thought it was the nastiest thing I've ever tasted. I guess it sells well, so to each his/her own, but eeeeeeeee-YUCK!

Nope. Astrid makes their own blend of cherries soaked in whisky, and it is fabulous.

28 minutes ago, DanielK said:

Nope. Astrid makes their own blend of cherries soaked in whisky, and it is fabulous.

Ah! Now *that* sounds good.

(Everyone, please go back to page 1, and read the last half-dozen posts on the bottom.)

On 3/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, StarStraf said:

Pooch and I will be there!

we are now going to be 3 as Pooch's mom will be joining us as she is visiting for her birthday weekend. 

2 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I reiterate: Protein *always* works best at our picnics. Fried chicken, Ostrich eggs, :), etc.

I'm sincerely hoping that you watch Atlanta and that's from whence the Ostrich egg mention stems.  Teddy Jenkins episode, specifically.

I would love to commit, but may be out of town for work.  Will know more as the date approaches.

5 minutes ago, zgast said:

I'm sincerely hoping that you watch Atlanta and that's from whence the Ostrich egg mention stems. 

Someone fried up an ostrich egg at a previous picnic.

• Like 1

From the website:

There are 30 picnic tables in or around the pavilion and electricity, in the form of 4 110-volt outlets, is available for your use. There are two large grills outside the pavilion and a large fireplace within the pavilion. Water and comfort stations are located nearby. 

There is a softball field and an area for volleyball or relay games. Horseshoe pits are near the front of the pavilion. All are for your use during your event. You must provide the sports equipment, though poles are provided for volleyball or badminton.

6 minutes ago, weezy said:

From the website:

There are 30 picnic tables in or around the pavilion and electricity, in the form of 4 110-volt outlets, is available for your use. There are two large grills outside the pavilion and a large fireplace within the pavilion. Water and comfort stations are located nearby. 

There is a softball field and an area for volleyball or relay games. Horseshoe pits are near the front of the pavilion. All are for your use during your event. You must provide the sports equipment, though poles are provided for volleyball or badminton.

Cool! 

I'll bring Kan Jam for some competitive fun. 

4 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Cool! 

I'll bring Kan Jam for some competitive fun. 

The only gathering in town with canned jam and Kan Jam.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:37 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

Its a little early to be thinking about what to bring, but just in case anyone is incline...

DR PICNIC sign up list

Back in February I created a google doc where people could RSVP as well list what they were bringing. Perhaps everyone would be so kind to fill in the appropriate fields so we know all who will be attending, & what will we will need. Thank you in advance!

-kat

Sorry, I couldn't decide what I was bringing yet, so I didn't fill out the form.  I am +1 or 2.  I am having dish commitment issues, I haven't even been in my house for a weekend for over 6 weekends and counting, so I just am not organized.  I will work on figuring something out.  But I have it on my calendar.  Hubby makes a mean homemade dumpling, but those are a little better fresh.  I love to bake, but I haven't baked in probably two months and don't know what I would want to do.  I was going to test out homemade empanadas.  I likely will also make some sort of pasta or fresh salad, but again, haven't committed to the what part yet.

22 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

Sorry, I couldn't decide what I was bringing yet, so I didn't fill out the form.  I am +1 or 2.  I am having dish commitment issues, I haven't even been in my house for a weekend for over 6 weekends and counting, so I just am not organized.  I will work on figuring something out.  But I have it on my calendar.  Hubby makes a mean homemade dumpling, but those are a little better fresh.  I love to bake, but I haven't baked in probably two months and don't know what I would want to do.  I was going to test out homemade empanadas.  I likely will also make some sort of pasta or fresh salad, but again, haven't committed to the what part yet.

You could cross-reference the trite foods thread and make a couple things from there.  Sort of a meta-critique on criticism.

1 hour ago, zgast said:

You could cross-reference the trite foods thread and make a couple things from there.  Sort of a meta-critique on criticism.

Get with the times, zgast! :)

6 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Getting that thing hacked open was quite something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zgast said:

Omg- hot dog curry or fluff n nutter encrusted fishstick- just saying.

13 hours ago, Al Dente said:

7 hours ago, Pat said:

Getting that thing hacked open was quite something.

It was ol_ironstomach who brought, opened, and cooked the egg - a perfect sunnyside up.

4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

It was ol_ironstomach who brought, opened, and cooked the egg - a perfect sunnyside up.

(Plus me. It took two of us 15 minutes to hack open that freaking egg.)

• Like 1

Hoping to have the time to come and meet folks. The DR picnic is penciled in on my calendar. 

• Like 1