The Infatuation purchases Zagat

curiouskitkatt

1 hour ago, curiouskitkatt said:

Google no longer needed Zagat.  Per two recent studies they now generate the most consumer reviews on the web.  If you are a google “local guide” you can win points for  consumer reviews, ratings, and other user generated additions to their local database.  Those points can turn into “free stuff” and google swag

10 hours ago, DaveO said:

Google no longer needed Zagat.  Per two recent studies they now generate the most consumer reviews on the web.  If you are a google “local guide” you can win points for  consumer reviews, ratings, and other user generated additions to their local database.  Those points can turn into “free stuff” and google swag

I am just wondering how this purchase of Zagat will affect the landscape of consumer driven reviews? I recall Zagat being the standard long before YELP was even used to described in our present  vernacular pertaining to reviews.  I read they are attempting to do away with the number rating, so I am unsure how the scale of a destination will rate.  Much like anything else I don't quite understand, I will be digging deep to learn about the new acquisition. 

Never stop learning,

kat

• Like 1