Ministry

Pool Boy

My best friend, an eternal source of the....new...and different in music turned me on to these guys back in the late 80s. It's not really my thing too. too uch anymore, but you have to give it to them for their unique point of view. Demented, twisted, and relegated to a microcosm unto themselves, but hey, you gotta be you.

Stigmata from 'The Land of Rape and Honey'

Ministry had an interesting progression.  At the start they were pure New Wave/synth, and that gradually shifted to the more popular industrial stuff.  In the album right before the one referenced above you can basically hear the transition.

Psalm 69 is a great album.  I remember seeing them at Lollapalooza here in 1992 (at Lake Fairfax!  That was a weird place for a venue).  It had poured rain the night before, and was hot the day of.  The entire area in front of the stage was mud that rapidly dried when it eventually found its way onto your person.

Fun fact: I was in college in Chicago in the early/mid 90s, and the far distant orbits of my friends and Al Jourgensen's friends oddly aligned enough that I ran into him at a few parties.  It became a running joke ("Maybe we'll see Al tonight").  He is an ... interesting guy.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:18 AM, TedE said:

Ministry had an interesting progression.  At the start they were pure New Wave/synth, and that gradually shifted to the more popular industrial stuff.  In the album right before the one referenced above you can basically hear the transition.

Psalm 69 is a great album.  I remember seeing them at Lollapalooza here in 1992 (at Lake Fairfax!  That was a weird place for a venue).  It had poured rain the night before, and was hot the day of.  The entire area in front of the stage was mud that rapidly dried when it eventually found its way onto your person.

Fun fact: I was in college in Chicago in the early/mid 90s, and the far distant orbits of my friends and Al Jourgensen's friends oddly aligned enough that I ran into him at a few parties.  It became a running joke ("Maybe we'll see Al tonight").  He is an ... interesting guy.

My interest in these guys was equally interesting. I remember hearing (and watching) the 'Over The Shoulder' song and becoming..interested. It's like watching a train wreck but slightly obsessing over it.