Happy Hour for 10-ish, Early April, Metro Accessible, Conducive to Conversation

Xochitl10

I'm planning happy hour on a Wednesday evening in early April for my office's current and previous classes of law fellows. We've previously done these at La Tasca, Oyamel, Cactus Cantina, and Paradiso in Georgetown. I usually try to choose somewhere close to the Metro anyway, but now my boss has said "somewhere ten people can easily talk, i.e. not a table in the middle of the bar," which says to me not my favorite long table with lime-foam mojito at Oyamel. I'd rather not do La Tasca, and was thinking about either Dino's Grotto or Bluejacket. Would either of those work on the conversation front (I've been to Bluejacket once and suspect that it might not), or do people have other suggestions?

I'm planning happy hour on a Wednesday evening in early April for my office's current and previous classes of law fellows. We've previously done these at La Tasca, Oyamel, Cactus Cantina, and Paradiso in Georgetown. I usually try to choose somewhere close to the Metro anyway, but now my boss has said "somewhere ten people can easily talk, i.e. not a table in the middle of the bar," which says to me not my favorite long table with lime-foam mojito at Oyamel. I'd rather not do La Tasca, and was thinking about either Dino's Grotto or Bluejacket. Would either of those work on the conversation front (I've been to Bluejacket once and suspect that it might not), or do people have other suggestions?

The community table at Dino’s in the bar works.  Reserve it.  You can also fill it with food if you wish and order beforehand

To be more specific about Dino's I've seen it done.  A group reserves the community table and maybe a hightop.  I think I've seen it w/ groups of about or more than 10.  They order a spread.  It seems pretty convivial.  They basically take over half the bar area and have it to themselves.  They seem to get a lot of dedicated service.  It appears to be a nice set up for a group of about 10 or so.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who responded. We went to Dino's Grotto, and it was perfect. We weren't able to get the communal table, but they did hold the six-top in the window for us. Happy hour paninis -- meatball and mushroom -- were particularly outstanding.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, Xochitl10 said:

Thanks to everyone who responded. We went to Dino's Grotto, and it was perfect. We weren't able to get the communal table, but they did hold the six-top in the window for us. Happy hour paninis -- meatball and mushroom -- were particularly outstanding.

Yeah.  Dino’s has killer HH values and is so noted in a recent Eater DC piece

Last time or 2 times I was there for HH got mains, an app, healthy quality wine pours for around $25 per/person before anything else and tips. Good food great value