Recipe Ideas for a Bridal Shower - 15-20 People, and Day-Before Execution if Possible

naxos

Salads are great- maybe black bean/corn/tomato in a vinaigrette? & marinated cucumbers.  I also appreciate a cheese plate, w/ seeded crackers & bread. I am not an asparagus fan, but I saw a recipe yesterday for Old Bay pickled asparagus that tempted me.

Thank you for the suggestions. 

I was trying to incorporate vegetarian and vegan options that would be substantial. I had never heard about Greek 7 layer- but was considering a Greek Salad depending on the availability of decent tomatoes - which is a crap shoot even in summer these days. The Campari at Costco are not too bad- tho not ideal.

Also thinking about a Nicoise platter with eggs, purple potatoes, green beans and olives- then with or without the salmon.

Appreciating your help

That sounds really good!  In Japan they make these dessert finger sandwiches- soft white bread crusts removed with a whipped cream that I think might be slightly sweetened and fruit slices, sometimes fresh herbs depending on fruit.  They were really pretty, they reminded me of shower food!  Another thing I have stored away for an appropriate party.  Or maybe ricotta crositini with fruit and balsamic or honey.

With the French theme-  maybe have some crusty bread (always nice to have a little bread despite so many keto dieters these days) and make some french onion soup dip (not the packet kind, more the gooey cheese and caramelized onion type), which you can just put in the oven day of, or baked brie ,or gougeres- although I don't know that those are very make ahead, I have never tried them.  It would be easy to do make ahead mini-quiches.  It's always nice to have some healthy and a little bit of splurge too! 

Another idea (I am totally suggesting things I would like to eat) is a frittata/kuku sabzi- egg pie (no crust, so works for gluten free) w/ lots of greens & herbs (& I like cheese, but some people might not). & although I am not a Pinterest person, I think this is adorable & will figure out a way to serve it this year (I am also a total cheese freak, & I like hard boiled eggs).

B6631AA2-7520-4879-A30D-F0F6AC9A2F84.jpeg

I made a spring vegetable orzo that was easy and  delicious, I started the orzo like a rissotto, browning it in olive oil and slowly adding broth until absorbed. In the meantime I oven roasted sliced asparagus, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, etc,  I also added baby green peas. I tossed at the end with grated parmesan cheese. It was a very attractive dish and be eaten room temp or warmed. I served on a large semi flat serving platter. 

I'm liking too many options

the kuku sabzi is a possibility - although some online images show it looking bright green ( a good thing) or kinda brownish and not appetizing. I'll try the Milk Street recipe and see - 

The mouse eggs are adorable!

And orzo ala rissoto is looking like a keeper.

Also onion dip ... Getting hungry here.

It is difficult to stick to a balanced theme ... 

I appreciate all the input 

Linda 

• Like 1

Speaking as a guest (although it is more work for the hostess) I appreciate having options. Just make sure you fix stuff that you like to eat, in case there are leftovers. & enjoy your lunch & your guests, felicitations to the bride & groom!

One of the biggest hits at my bookclub recently was whole grape tomatoes, tossed in some olive oil, S&P and a little oregano, roasted, then drizzled with good balsamic.   It's an excellent side to egg dishes.