9 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Think about this: If Griffin had stayed healthy, the Redskins would quite possibly still have Kirk Cousins, because he'd never have had the chance to prove how damned good he is - he would have been the best second-string quarterback in the league. Cousins turned out to be a brilliant draft pick.

Cousins was a terrible pick for the 'skins.  Picking Cousins undermined RGIII. When Cousins played, he played just well enough for the 'skins to tag him, but not well enough to get the team anywhere, and not bad enough to not pay him year to year.  So year after year, the 'skins didn't make the play-off and didn't suck enough to get a high draft pick.  So how's picking Cousins brilliant?

1 minute ago, Ericandblueboy said:

So how's picking Cousins brilliant?

Because he was a hedge and a backup to Griffin. Not once do I remember Cousins complaining about not receiving playing time, and not once do I remember Griffin complaining about not receiving playing time when he got benched - I think they were two very complementary QBs, and it's a darned good thing the Redskins had him.

I mean, you can say "he didn't play well enough to get the team anywhere," but he must have done *something* right, as he might now be the highest-paid QB in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

it's a darned good thing the Redskins had him.

Cousin's played well enough to get himself alot of dough, but how's that good for the 'skins or its fans?   I would've preferred to have a shitty team for the last 3 years so we can have better draft picks.  Now we're just as shitty as before we drafted Cousins.

I certainly believe RG3 contributed to his own demise, quite probably encouraged by Snyder.  He has had opportunities to get back in the league and play.  To date it has not worked for him and the team that gave him a shot.

Cousins turned out to be a great and fortuitous draft pick.  He took over for RG3 and grew as a quarterback, becoming one of the better rated qb’s over the last several years. 

The Skins have been a marginal team these last few years, no fault at all on Cousins.  They have had a mediocre porous defense. When the offense with Cousins puts up 30+ points and the team loses—that is not the fault of the qb.  The current great pretty long term  example of that is Drew Brees for most of his career in New Orleans.

I’ve been to a fair amount of Skins games over the years including during the Snyder era.  Just stopped going in the Snyder era. The overwhelming feeling was the experience was evermore a rip-off in the stadium and Snyder was among the most despicable and incompetent owners in sports.

I’m going to make an effort to follow and root for the Vikings.  Beats the hell out of Snyder and Allen