Gnocchetto (Formerly Gnocco), Chef Brian Lavin's Mediterranean in Highlandtown - Brewer's Hill

Gnocco offers a small menu of seasonal Spanish and Italian-inspired small plates, a few house-made pastas, and one or two larger entrees. Everything we had was very good. Grilled Spanish Octopus was a standout, a few pieces of charred meaty octopus leg served with garlic puree, salsa verde, and roasted potatoes that soaked up the juices beautifully. Pastas are available in half-portions (and actually half-priced), though I would have happily finished a full plate of the chicken liver agnolotti or ricotta cavatelli with braised pork cheek. The restaurant is small and cozy, mostly full on the Wednesday night we went. This is a great neighborhood spot to enjoy some delicious and beautifully constructed small dishes at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

I also had the grilled octopus, which was delicious. Apparently they usually have some sort of tartare - we got the lamb. The cavatelli was indeed very good, but as far as the pasta I think I liked the gnocchi the best. Half pastas were perfect to split and try and graze on the menu, and no sticker shock when the bill came was nice.

• Like 1