The Standard - Quirky, Luxury Hotel Downtown with 24-Hour Restaurant, Rooftop Bar, and a Full-Service Ping-Pong Club (!)

dcs

Location and Rates for Tonight - Website with Best-Rate Matching

Are you looking for a see-through shower?  Yup, The Standard has that.  Do you like rooftop bars?  The Standard has one, natch.  What's that you say?  You want a velvet rope limiting access to that rooftop bar on weekends?  You're not going to believe this, but that is exactly what they do at The Standard.  Let's say it's 4 o'clock in the morning and for some reason your forgot to eat dinner the night before and you are super hungry.  You're screwed, right?  Not at The Standard, because they have a restaurant that is open 24/7.  I mean, it's never closed.  Conveniently located downtown two blocks from the 7th Street / Metro Center Station.  The room rates can vary, but is always on the list of places to check when price shopping.  You could do worse.  Don't believe me?  Just go ask Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  They got pictures.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2018 at 9:34 AM, dcs said:

You could do worse.  Don't believe me?  Just go ask Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  They got pictures.

Furthermore, Mr. and Mrs. Smith is running a special offer that includes an hour in The Standard's full-service Ping Pong room😲

Screenshot 2018-05-15 at 12.12.00.png

Incidentally, "The Paddle Club" used to be operated by Spin, which has Susan Sarandon as an investor, and is planning on opening in Washington, DC.

Screenshot 2018-05-15 at 12.48.50.png

Apr 6, 2018 - "Susan Sarandon-Backed Ping Pong Parlor Coming to DC" by Drew Hansen on bizjournals.com

• Like 1