Middleburg, VA

1 East Washington St,
Middleburg, VA 20117

(540) 883-3156

• Monday – Thursday11:00am – 9:30pm
  • Friday - Saturday11:00am – 11:00pm
  • Sunday10:30am – 9:30pm
  • Happy Hour3:00pm – 6:30pm everyday

I couldn't find a thread on King Street Oyster.  Can I suggest specifically listing this also in Middleburg and Leesburg as this may be one of the best options in Middleburg based on what we saw wandering around.

Mom and I had lunch there on Saturday at the Middleburg location.  I had a salmon BLT, and the salmon used was of a higher quality  than I have had on a sandwich or salad recently, and I thought it was really a good salmon flavor to it, crisp bacon, you could actually taste each component.  They had a slaw with half mayo, half vinagrette, with relish that was really flavorful- a nice mix of acidic flavor and crunch with the mayo to balance it.  I might have to try recreating it.  Mom had the Asian shrimp salad.  The dressing was really good, and there was a lot of fried shrimp on the salad, and the mango was super ripe.   Our meal was really affordable and all the food that came out to the tables around us looked good.  I would definitely go back here. (Edited to take out the world flavorful so many times- this is what happens when I write too many posts in one day) But I did think the dishes were well seasoned and had nice mixes of texture and acidic-umami-sweet-sour balance.  I think it was the balance that impressed me so much.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

http://kingstreetoysterbar.com/

Leesburg, VA

12 South King St,
Leesburg, VA 20175

(571) 442-8068

Middleburg, VA

1 East Washington St,
Middleburg, VA 20117

(540) 883-3156

I couldn't find a thread on King Street Oyster.  Can I suggest specifically listing this also in Middleburg and Leesburg as this may be one of the best options in Middleburg based on what we saw wandering around.

Mom and I had lunch there on Saturday at the Middleburg location.  I had a salmon BLT, and the salmon used was of a higher quality  than I have had on a sandwich or salad recently, and I thought it was really flavorful.  They had a slaw with half mayo, half vinagrette, with relish that was really flavorful.  I might have to try recreating it.  Mom had the Asian shrimp salad.  The dressing was really good, and there was a lot of fried shrimp on the salad, and the mango was super ripe and flavorful.  Our meal was really affordable and all the food that came out to the tables around us looked good.  I would definitely go back here.

But was it flavorful? ;) . More seriously King Street Oyster has been a welcome addition to the Middleburg dining scene. The oyster bar is nearly always packed, with us locals during the week and "late night" and visitors on the weekend. Aside from the noise (high ceilings and hard surfaces are the culprit) I can only think of one thing to change - and that's the portion sizes, although they do offer the option of a double lobster roll, which is more akin to what I see elsewhere, and is priced accordingly. I'd imagine that when faced with the prospect of higher prices or smaller portion sizes they chose the latter, which works well as there really aren't any restaurants at their price point in town. 

Demand for the oyster bar has also made a reservation at Red Fox easier to come by. I'd imagine the  bar will be very busy the next couple of weeks.

12 minutes ago, Keithstg said:

But was it flavorful? ;) . 

Demand for the oyster bar has also made a reservation at Red Fox easier to come by. I'd imagine the  bar will be very busy the next couple of weeks.

No, it was super bland- no idea what you are talking about, hahahahha, joking.  I need the edit function to exist for about a week on my posts.

• Like 1