Sewing

DonRocks

I sew - it's the Pennsylvania in me. And the 4H. I barter for wine and other spirits in exchange to help with Tae Kwon Do or Scout patches etc. 

Would love some help though with designing a not traditional t-shirt quilt (if we can make this a quilting thread too.) I want to integrate synchro swim medals and ribbons with the shirts. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, lizzie said:

I sew - it's the Pennsylvania in me. And the 4H. I barter for wine and other spirits in exchange to help with Tae Kwon Do or Scout patches etc. 

Would love some help though with designing a not traditional t-shirt quilt (if we can make this a quilting thread too.) I want to integrate synchro swim medals and ribbons with the shirts. 

There's a new place, Stitch Sew Shop, on N. Fayette Street in Alexandria (right across the street from Meggrolls) http://www.stitchsewshop.com/ that may be able to help you.  There's also a couple of quilting shops, the Quilt Patch and the Quilter's Studio, in Fairfax City.  And  Bonny's Quilting & Sewing at the intersection of 395 and Edsall Road in Alexandria.

How did I miss this thread?!? 

It must certainly be a Keystone State attribute, but there are knitting circles, and sewing circles -o-plenty in my neck of the woods. I have always been intrigued by people that had the dexterity to knit. It's a hobby that has yet to become a reality. But now is a good as time as any. Adding to my list of to-do's.

I'm no Betsy Ross,

kat

• Like 1