Frozen Puff Pastry

Al Dente

[Don, you can delete this later if you wish]

So, I had a little miscommunication with my wife last night where I asked her to defrost the Dufour frozen puff pastry. So she left it on the counter all night instead of putting it in the fridge. I just put it back in the fridge this a.m.

Will it be okay later this afternoon when I top it with mushroom and ricotta and bake it?

mktye or mdt, where are you?

:P

So, I had a little miscommunication with my wife last night where I asked her to defrost the Dufour frozen puff pastry. So she left it on the counter all night instead of putting it in the fridge. I just put it back in the fridge this a.m.

Will it be okay later this afternoon when I top it with mushroom and ricotta and bake it?

It should be just fine (and delicious!). :P

If it had yeast in it, it could have been an issue, but traditional puff pastry relies only on the water in the butter for the puff. No harm done.

I know you asked for the specific brand, however, nearly every holiday season, Trader Joe's gets in butter puff pastry.  I can't remember which west coast bakery makes it, but it is very high quality.  It may be worth a phone call if TJ's is more convenient to you. 

I know you asked for the specific brand, however, nearly every holiday season, Trader Joe's gets in butter puff pastry.  I can't remember which west coast bakery makes it, but it is very high quality.  It may be worth a phone call if TJ's is more convenient to you. 

The Foggy Bottom Whole Foods is sort of on my way home from work. I had never visited the store, so I decided to stop by this evening. The store is very weirdly configured, and that, combined with their not having any puff pastry, and the creepily unwelcoming and labyrinthine parking experience, made the excursion one I am not eager to repeat. The West End Trader Joe's is actually somewhat more convenient, and I shop there usually once a week. I should probably have called WFM, but I don't need to call TJ's since I'll be going there anyway.

I should really make the dough myself, but I've never made it before and I may not have enough time to practice before Thanksgiving, which is an appallingly brief one week away, and I wanted to have puff pastry as part of dinner.

Anyway, thanks.

Is there a quality difference in the TJ's brand vs. Dufour? Because there is a huge difference in price! (Even with the recent price reduction at Whole Foods) ;) I plan to make the Mushroom Wellington from Joe Yonan at the Washington Post. And no, making my own is not an option, unless hubby decides he has time enough to help.