Busara Thai Cuisine, Flashy Thai in Tysons - Reston Branch Has Closed

Ate lunch at the Glover Park location last week. As my friend describes it: "Bangkok nightclub inside, serene Asian garden outside." We sat outside ;) (as did everyone else while we where there). The food was quite good. While not at the level of Thai Square, it was definitely a cut above most Thai restaurants I've been to in this area. We shared the panang (peanut curry sauce) tofu and kee mao pak (wide rice noodles) with veggies in a chili/garlic/basil sauce. Both were well-prepared and had a nice amount of heat to them, especially the kee mao pak which rates two heat-denoting chilis on the menu. Probably not a destination restaurant for most people, but something to keep in mind if you are in the area.

Busara Thai Cuisine

After aimlessly driving around Reston* looking for an asian restaurant that, although given a thumbs up in the 2007 washingtonian cheap eats dining guide, has since closed...my friend and I ended up in "lovely" Reston Town Center and Busara Thai.

While not horrid, the ingredients were fresh tasting and the pickled garnishes where delish, my friend perhaps best summed it up when she declared that the kitchen must have only one sauce which resembles molassas and is incorporated in every dish.

The duck breast was nicely cooked and the left over drumstick sure will be tasty for dinner tonite...but I'll try my best to never go back to Reston Town Center.

* Note to urban planners -- please include some street numbers from time to time so one can figure exactly where they are on the Reston Parkway, because, ya know, at night, all those darn strip malls look exactly the same.