starfish

To Whom Are You Drinking Right Now?

I'm so sorry. I always enjoyed your Grandma stories and am happy you got all the time together you did.

Take care.

When the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened this was the featured song with Chuck Berry and "some back up band"

• Like 3

A twofer tonight.

To Chris Cornell, whose music brought my so much pure pleasure over the years.  

And to Tommy Bell, one of BLB-4th grader's favorite ock climbing instructors who was killed in a bicycle accident yesterday.  

Jim Vance :(  This made me so sad, and I haven't watched local news in ages. He was just such a DC institution, it's hard to believe he's gone.  On a trivial note,  I didn't realize until I read the obituary that he was born in the same town my father was...

• Sad 3

To my dog, Fred. From humble beginnings at parts unknown to the NY Avenue shelter and through 12 years with our family in DC, NY, VA, ME and parts inbetween he was a constant presence, a perpetually wagging tail and incorrigible around any food within leap's reach. Fred was so loved, and will be so missed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

36 minutes ago, Keithstg said:

To my dog, Fred. From humble beginnings at parts unknown to the NY Avenue shelter and through 12 years with our family in DC, NY, VA, ME and parts inbetween he was a constant presence, a perpetually wagging tail and incorrigible around any food within leap's reach. Fred was so loved, and will be so missed.

Ah, hell, Keith - I'm so sorry, truly. I wish you'd share your favorite picture of Fred with us here.

To Robert Power, beloved father of Mary Ann, aka DIShGo. Mary Ann was flying down to visit him tomorrow for Thanksgiving - she, and especially her sister Jane who lived nearby, were loving, devoted daughters who always looked after him. He also has a large, extended family.

Mr. Power didn't care much for films, but when I asked what his favorite movies were, Mary Ann told me he really liked Gene Autry, though his favorite film was "It's a Wonderful Life." Mr. Power also represented our country in World War II as a member of the United States Army.

Perhaps more than anything else, he would want to be remembered as "the husband of Margaret Power," the great love of his life, whom he will soon be joining in Marion, IL.

As I type this, we're drinking a 1927 Madeira in honor of Mr. Power's birth year.

• Like 5

On 11/17/2017 at 12:09 PM, DonRocks said:

To Robert Power, beloved father of Mary Ann, aka DIShGo. Mary Ann was flying down to visit him tomorrow for Thanksgiving - she, and especially her sister Jane who lived nearby, were loving, devoted daughters who always looked after him. He also has a large, extended family.

Mr. Power didn't care much for films, but when I asked what his favorite movies were, Mary Ann told me he really liked Gene Autry, though his favorite film was "It's a Wonderful Life." Mr. Power also represented our country in World War II as a member of the United States Army.

Perhaps more than anything else, he would want to be remembered as "the husband of Margaret Power," the great love of his life, whom he will soon be joining in Marion, IL.

As I type this, we're drinking a 1927 Madeira in honor of Mr. Power's birth year.

Robert Power

I am *so glad* that you'll be reunited with your wife - it may be largely symbolic, but so what.

The U.S. Army Air Corps - the same service as Louis Zamperini.

• Like 1