Tosca, Chef Riccardo Rinaldi's Northern Italian Cuisine and Homemade Pastas at 11th and F Streets Downtown

So. The report. Albeit a few days late.

The food was delicious.

-Started with the Buffalo Mozzarella appetizer, which came with a red pepper sauce, accompanied by radishes, tiny green beans, and a basil oil. Great mix of flavors, only complaint would be that the cheese was cold. And not just a little cold, but ice cold. A problem fixed, however, but just letting it sit out for a few minutes. I definitely want to try the Foie Gras next time though. Possibly will not be splitting apps. with my +1 again, if he stays averse to having that.

-Next, we split the Carrot Pappardelle with the Rabbit Ragu and the Risotto with lemon juice and parsley pine nut pesto. Yum. Personally, I enjoyed the Risotto more than the Pappardelle. But that is only because I *love* Risotto. And this was one perfectly cooked Risotto. A bit of bite still to the rice, where it was not too soft, but not too hard either. Basically, Goldilocks Risotto. And I liked that the richness of the risotto was contrasted with the lightness of the lemon and pesto. However, my +1 devoured the Pappardelle. He loved how buttery the sauce was, without being too heavy. So, a good sharing.

- By this time, we were both a little full, so we split the Lamb. Which was braised with a wine reduction (Barolo, I believe?), and set on top of a light vegetable ragu and a lightly-cheesed polenta. Very good, but very rich as well. I think I would have been happier with the Branzino, on second thought, but I really loved the dish all the same. In fact, it was the wine reduction that did me in. I think if I could just have drank that, I would have been happy. ;)

-Last, but not least, dessert. Which I probably didn't need, but just wanted. We had the Profiteroles and the "modernized" Tiramisu. Both good, but nothing to write home about.

So, for the food, I was quite happy. Atmosphere? 50-50 on. Yes, it was slightly stuffy and lacked character, but I did enjoy the formality of the service. Plus, I have to say, that having the Solicitor General sitting behind you talking about his meetings with the Supreme Court judges, was highly entertaining. But, would I go back? Probably will do as others have suggested above, and just hit up the bar for more of the delicious pasta/risotto, and have a glass or two of wine. But I *will* go back. Yum.

Oh, and for wine, if I remember, we had a bottle of Barbera, which one, though I cannot recall.

Just making it back for lunch for the first time in a while and I was pleased to see that the pasta menu included almost entirely new choices.

Fettuccine with duck ragu and sage sautéed artichokes reminded me a bit of beef stroganoff in a very good way, with copious amounts of tender braised duck sitting in a dark brown gravy making this an incredibly satisfying and hearty bowl of pasta.

Linguini with garlic roasted shrimp, crispy bay scallops and lightly spicy lobster sauce is one of the most unique tasting pasta dishes I have ever had. You could sense the sweet presence of tomato in the sauce, but the lobster and the flavors of each of the seafood ingredients powered through in every bite. More of a fish dish than a pasta dish for me, but it really worked.

Service at the quiet bar was excellent as usual. I have to remember to come back here more.

That duck ragu is fantastic, as is the tomato and leek ravioli with pesto. Very light, but extremely flavorful (the ravioli, that is). Starters included lobster with baby corn and swiss chard, and crudo, which included tuna, sea bass and halibut each dressed/prepared separately. Dessert was a delicious pineapple and kiwi strudel with an intensely-flavored scoop of pineapple sorbet. Dinner at the bar here never disappoints.

Looking for a small snack after a movie at E Street Cinema, we strolled past the doorway of Tosca and decided to wander on in. Grabbing two seats at the bar we browsed the dessert menu, settling on the cheese course and the terribly trite but terribly good molten chocolate cake. Half bottle of wine rounded things out...service included a bowl of nuts, some crusty bread and a plate of salami...mmm, Tosca.

Yes, Tosca is a great place for a "snack" before a show. We shared a plate of francobilli pasta (some soft cheese, dark greens, and nut combination) and a bowl of the cauliflower soup (silken, enriched just a touch with a quail? egg) at the bar. With a basket of bread (onion focaccia that didn't hurt my tender baby mouth and olive bread) and a few glasses of wine, suddenly, it was a delicious light dinner! A wonderful stop on a rainy night.

We had reservations for four at 7:00pm last night (Friday). At 6:50, stuck in gridlock caused by the G20 summit, and ten blocks from the restaurant, we called to say that we'd be late. They said "No problem. We'll be glad to see you when you arrive". It took us forty minutes to go the ten blocks. Our guests took 45 minutes to get there from the St. Regis. The bar was stacked with at least five other parties that had missing guests as well. Unbelievably backed up, with on time parties arriving for their 8:00 reservations, the staff could not have been nicer. They apologized to us for the traffic backup, seated us immediately, and never once rushed us in order to turn the table.

My thanks to them all. It was a wonderful experience. And the food, of course, was spectacular.

stopped by and had the beef tartar and frog legs. The tartar, was ridiculously good, with truffles and cardoons. Frog legs perfectly cooked but lacked something and some salt. Tosca is really good and it will no longer end up in second place when i try to figure out where to go for a nice meal

Tosca is a top-three restaurant in the DC-area (with Sushi Sono and Marcel's) , also one of the most consistent and greatly underrated (taken for granted) fine dining spots.

Each and every meal I had at Tosca ranged from very content to thoroughly impressive. From the nice breads with EVOO, unrivaled pastas, exquisite entrees and desserts ranging from rustic/hearty to glamorous/stylish, to impeccable (mind-reading and subtle) service from our favorite, Jose, Tosca is a hit when dining out for an occasion or for making a night out in DC into an special occasion. Tosca's pre-theater menu is an amazing value, and DC Restaurant Week is an absolute must (their entire menu is opened up for restaurant week!).

A few weeks ago, I went with three others and needless to say, we had a memorable and merry meal of epicurean delights--a combined 12 courses of fresh, diverse, and harmonious tastes! The standouts were the Spinach Raviolis with Roast Veal and Red Wine Reduction--so popular that my friend who usually likes to share only gave each of us only a teeny-tiny portion <_< --Grilled Octopus with EVOO Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed French Beans/Olives/Tomatoes (nicely charred on the outside and bursting with mollusk magnificence), Roasted Pheasant wrapped in Prosciutto with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Sauteed Chard, and Foie Gras sauce (delightful harmony of different flavors), Pistachio Panna Cotta with Blood Orange Sauce and Tuile (beautiful color contrasts and delicate nut flavor with a light citrus tang), and a refreshing Green Apple Granita with Green Apple Salad and a dollop of Creme Fraiche.

Tosca has quickly become my aforementioned friend's absolute favorite restaurant, and any mention of veal brings back memories of his past two life-altering visits :rolleyes: As he describes best, "Everything at Tosca has so much flavor, and I can taste the difference in the quality ingredients."

Had lunch at Tosca today -- it reminded me why I love this restaurant so much. It just feels to me that their excellence is effortless, and yet it's not so posh (despite its environs) that you don't feel welcomed each time you go.

I started with fresh mozzarella with beet carpaccio -- the mozarella was incredibly creamy and the varieties of beets (maybe 4 or 5) were tasty and firm. For my main, I had a simple whole wheat spaghetti in a tomato basil sauce -- beautifully executed. The sauce had real taste -- something absent in so many tomato sauces -- and a dash of parmesan added to it gave the dish a nice saltiness. Yum.

I want to highlight my dessert. I'm not usually a fan of molten chocolate cake -- too rich, too trendy, etc. But Tosca has paired its small molten chocolate cake with a blueberry granite and raw sugar, and it was fabulous. The bit of tang from the blueberries nicely cut the chocolate and the combination of temperatures made this dessert a real success.

I need to remember to go back here more often -- Tosca is just a really great restaurant.

My husband and I went to Tosca to celebrate our first wedding aniversary. Tosca's service was full of nice touches. We had a mini aranci as an amouse-bouche, and when they brought out desert, it included little chocolate ribbons that said "happy anniversary." Very sweet of them.

For Dinner I double ravolis, a starter of ricotta ravoli with swiss chard which is was light and delicious with the parmesan adding a wonderful deeper note of flavor. Dinner was Veal ravoli, also delicious. My husband had asparagus soup with scallops and roasted swordfish and enjoyed them both. The one downer was desert, I wasn't crazy about the gorgonzola ice cream with chesnut pudding or the green apple sorbet.

a starter of ricotta ravoli with swiss chard
I was looking at the menu on Tosca's website and reading your post and wondering if the pasta dishes are "primi" as listed. The starter ravioli you refer to are $23, while the veal ravioli are $24. Did you have a half-portion of the former, or are these really primo-sized portions? I am always left confused by the menus in upscale Italian restaurants in the US, and wish they would organize them as menus are laid out in Italy.

Braised monk fish cheeks in Tocai wine with soft white polenta and seafood gremolata was a brilliant appetizer available at lunch today at Tosca, featuring a perfectly cooked (yet slightly stringy) piece of monkfish resting on a bed of mashed polenta that the good folks at Siroc should come try for an example of how this should be done. The seafood gremolata was nice but a bit unnecessary, as the fish, polenta, sauteed lamb's quarter (nice surprise!) were all that this dish really needed.

Calamarata pasta with a beef shoulder ragu, mozzarella and garlic bread crumbs was less impressive, not living up to the creativity or assertiveness of a typical Fabbri pasta dish. The pasta itself was well cooked and delicious but much like the spicy seafood linguini involved only sparingly in the bowl. Unlike the linguini dish, however, where you're happy to have a plethora of fish, the beef/mozzarella/garlic bread crumb combo is a little boring, almost stew-like and much more of a winter dish than one that should be on the menu in June. While I would be perfectly happy with pasta of this quality at some of the lesser Italian restaurants around town, this was a bit of a miss for what I've come to expect out of Tosca.

I was looking at the menu on Tosca's website and reading your post and wondering if the pasta dishes are "primi" as listed. The starter ravioli you refer to are $23, while the veal ravioli are $24. Did you have a half-portion of the former, or are these really primo-sized portions? I am always left confused by the menus in upscale Italian restaurants in the US, and wish they would organize them as menus are laid out in Italy.

We ordered off the pre-theatre menu and I think the appetizer ravoli was a half portion.

I had lunch at Tosca yesterday. I ordered the Wednesday grilled and it was served with yummy mini-veggies and some yummy sauteed kale. For starters I enjoyed the greens salad and would like to congratulate the chef on finding so many variegated vegetables. I think they might taste better than regular.

I must say, though, that one of my dining companions had the scallops (the dish I enjoyed last time) and I kept starting at it He didn't even finish!!! If I knew him at all I would have asked for it. I think it was a sin to not finish that dish. I keep thinking about that scallop and just had to share.

Tosca continues to be one of the best restaurant week deals in town. Their full menu is available (with only two upcharges on big ticket items), and they are very flexible in that you can order a half course of pasta as your starter. Some of the entrees alone are greater than $35. And the pastas continue to be a major draw. The veal/prosciutto ravioli and tagliatelle with crab and artichokes were both excellent last night.

Tosca has long been our go-to RW choice. Clearly the word about their phenomenal RW menu (aka their entire menu) has gotten out. The place was packed last night. Portions large and food perfectly cooked. I also want to give praise to the front of the house staff. A co-worker was also at the restaurant last night and clearly on a date. Not wanting to "cramp her style" I suggested that she and her date not be seated next to us. They were so understanding and accommodating. I hope their extra effort allowed my co-worker to have as delightful of an evening as we did.

Tosca continues to be one of the best restaurant week deals in town. Their full menu is available (with only two upcharges on big ticket items), and they are very flexible in that you can order a half course of pasta as your starter. Some of the entrees alone are greater than $35. And the pastas continue to be a major draw. The veal/prosciutto ravioli and tagliatelle with crab and artichokes were both excellent last night.

I agree! they are definitely one of the places that "does restaurant week right." I went there for the first time a couple years ago for RW, and the service was so gracious, and the food so good, it's become one of my favorite places in dc and i go there are least a few times a year....

One of the things i appreciate about it (besides the pasta!) is that while it is formal, and perfectly elegant, as a slightly younger diner i've never felt condescended to, or slightly out of place as I do in many of the more formal dining rooms in town.

I agree! they are definitely one of the places that "does restaurant week right." I went there for the first time a couple years ago for RW, and the service was so gracious, and the food so good, it's become one of my favorite places in dc and i go there are least a few times a year....

One of the things i appreciate about it (besides the pasta!) is that while it is formal, and perfectly elegant, as a slightly younger diner i've never felt condescended to, or slightly out of place as I do in many of the more formal dining rooms in town.

My experience mirrors yours exactly. Tosca was one of my first formal dining experiences and I've loved it ever since!

The Risotto with lobster, basil and house made ricotta cheese is a creamy, delicious little dish that should be halved, as a full order of this might put you to sleep on the bar it's so heavy. Despite this, the risotto here is always worth ordering, but particularly right now, as this version has sweet cherry tomatoes and large chunks of claw and tail meat liberally spread throughout.

Housemade potato dumplings with a ragu of swordfish, chanterelle and eggplant were no less impressive, as the meatiness of the swordfish held up really well against the assertive flavors of the mushrooms and eggplant. The gnocchi were light as well, which was welcome in this weather and because they didn't fill me up before the risotto.

My last experience here was clearly a fluke, as the bar service and food was top notch today. If you stop by, finish your meal with a glass of the chamomile-flavored Grappa they have behind the bar. The aroma itself makes it worth ordering.

I hate being the same post twice in a row in a thread, but the Yellow soft Polenta with sea urchin ragu, and Ossetra Russian caviar that I had at lunch today was so good that I had to come on here to let everyone know about this brand new menu item that might very well be my favorite dish that Chef Fabbri has ever made (which is saying a lot). This dish is a small pile with the polenta acting as a nice, smoky yellow bed cooked perfectly and then finished with a brulee torch, which added a nice smoky element to the back of the palate along with a small crunch. The sea urchin ragu, which is cooked slowly in a mixture with shallots and green onions and small pile of the excellent, salty caviar rest on top of each other on the polenta, both generous portions of these decadent ingredients. The key to this dish is putting the caviar to the side so you can save at least a few of the tiny eggs for every bite, as the salty pop is strong enough to cut through the richness of the polenta and sea urchin. I could have eaten 3 bowls of this today instead of getting pasta and dessert. Come to think of it, I might have given myself an idea for lunch tomorrow..... :rolleyes:

I'm a bit surprised that there's no movement on this post. I guess if a restaurant has been doing a consistently good job for years, there's no reason to repeat the sentiment.

I took advantage of RW to make a first visit to Tosca. I think it's fantastic and hope for many return visits. The service was expert, attentive but never hovering. All the food were good to great. The ribiola tortelli with porcini sauce that my +1 ordered is the single best pasta dish I've ever tasted, it was nutty/apricot/caramel/truffly and very rich. My +1's scallop entree was perfectly cooked and well sauced. My squid ink pasta with crab meat was very tasty if not quite exceptional. My pork loin was the relative weak link, it was well cooked but dominated by a smoky char. The rice pudding and cheese options were both very good.

We went to Tosca tonight for the pre-theater menu en route to the Kennedy Center. Radiccio and pear salad superb as was the whole wheat spaghetti appetizer. Bronzini cooked perfectly but the grilled octopus was a disappointment--it was tough and overcooked. Desserts were great--pear sorbet and coconut/ blueberry pudding. Wonderful staff and ambience.

I know that this is not a secret, but Tosca has a wonderful and diverse pre-theater menu. We have done it twice in the last couple of months. In addition to the outstanding food, I love the milk glass partitions, the just right waiters in their crisp white jackets, the soft beige interior, and the ingenious solutions that reduce the noise in a fairly small restaurant.

In general I think the Restaurant Week concept is getting tired and at many places is nothing more than a clever pricing scam. Tosca is one one of the few true RW deals worth taking advantage of because they offer their full menu with only two upcharges and their high quality food and service aren't downgraded to reflect the lower price point. I had my two Tosca favorites: baby octopus- this time as the app version with summer peas and corn per our waiter's wise suggestion (the entree version being sauceless and "boring") and the rabbit ragu with carrot papardelle. My husband had a pasta made with sea urchin and celery along with the scallops. For desert- I had the rice pudding and he had the cheese. We loved it all. We'll be back.

One of the reasons I really love Tosca is their amazing service. An odd situation during Saturday night's meal was a prime example of their professionalism. It is about 10 pm and the restaurant is starting to empty out but is still pretty busy. A young couple, initially seated at a 4 top, is reseated next to us at a two top on the banquette along the front windows. Our waiter cheerfully greets them, explains the menu and special pricing, talks about the specials, makes some suggestions, and leaves them to make their choice. He looks at the wine list and she says maybe they should only get desert. The waiter returns a few moments later and the gentleman asks to see the manager. The manager comes straight to the table and the couple asks to be reseated again, now they want at a bigger table because they'll be "ordering a lot of food". Without any questions, the manager poltely seats them at a different four top. There is now an empty two-top between us and the next set of diners, who also can't believe what just happened. The manager and waitstaff never missed a beat and showed no reaction other than an eagerness to please their guests.

Anyone been recently? Went about two years ago and it was fine, but not great like maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Worth another look?

I've never heard anything negative about the pastas at Tosca (and don't forget, they sell them by the half-order, so you can create your own multi-course pasta tasting).

On a recent trip to Italy, we spent two nights in the Lake Como town of Mandello del Lario (so my husband could visit the Moto Guzzi Museum).  We stayed in a charming B&B which is attached to a wonderful little restaurant, Osteria Sali e Tabacchi.  While enjoying a pre-dinner aperetif with the chef/owner and his wife, we got to talking about Italian chefs and restaurants in Washington.  It turns out that Matteo Venini is a native of their town and the son of their close friend, and nephew of a woman who helps out in their kitchen.  So we promised to say hello when we returned home.

We were going to the symphony last Thursday, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to take advantage of Tosca's pre-theater dinner special and maybe meet Matteo.  He did come to chat with us and brought an amazing amuse of raw salmon with wild black rice.  What a charming guy, and talented chef!  For the rest of our meal I had the asparagus soup with grilled calamari and crispy prosciutto, followed by a succulent piece of grilled fresh cod with a melange of vegetables, and ended with passion fruit sorbetto garnished with perfect fresh berries.  My husband enjoyed fresh pasta with fish ragu and Manilla clams, then roasted octopus (that looked like an exotic bronzed sculpture on the plate, but was tender and delicious), and tiramisu for dessert.

We hadn't been to Tosca since the days of Chef Cesare Lanfranconi, and were so pleased to find the food, presentation and service as wonderful as we remembered it from the past.  Add to that, the 3-course pre-theater menu at $38 is an incredible bargain!

• Like 4

Tosca's been around for so long and that's why I've never made it there until last night.  It sounds like something Yogi Berra would say.

My point is, it's not a sexy new restaurant, but one that has withstood the test of time and it just doesn't get enough attention.

We ordered 4 pastas and a grilled Bronzino.  The fish was perfectly grilled, served on top of some braised collard greens.  The greens aren't particularly Italian but it went well with the fish.  

We were sharing every dish and the kitchen made it easy by splitting every dish into 2 plates, including the fish.

Now for some sexy pasta (what you see is only half a portion).

Spaghetti di Gragnano - clams, white wine, crushed red pepper, cherry tomatoes - they don't say what kind of clams (looks a bit like Manila but don't taste like them), but these were the best flavored clams I've had in the U.S.  Could they have been flown in from Italy?  This is the best spaghetti with clams that I've ever had in DC.  The sauce was slightly tomatoey, very garlicky, and packed with clam flavor.  

Taglierini - black ink noodles, lobster ragu, bottarga, lobster sauce, sunchokes - perfectly cooked chunks of lobster, didn't really taste any bottarga, fantastic pasta.

Ravioli del Plin  - braised short rib ravioli - this one was rather muted in flavor.  The only dish that didn't shine.

Pappardelle - hickory farm rabbit ragu, white wine sauce, thyme - so it looks and tastes like chicken, but that's hardly the chef's fault.   Still a fantastic pasta dish.

That was more food than 2 ordinary humans can eat (just saying, if you don't want to waste food, don't order so much).  I'd put their pasta a notch above RPM and Bibiana.  

IMG_0077.JPGIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0080.JPG

• Like 8

First visit to Tosca in years. Busier on an early Saturday evening than I expected.

Ordered the 5:30 - 6:30 menu. Soup (asparagus and crab), salad (radicchio, candied walnut, pear, gorgonzola), pastas (beef ravioli, mushroom and pea risotto), and desserts were strong.

Only weak dish was grilled octopus - tough and overcooked.

Mostly good service (some trouble opening my wine) and $30 corkage. 

A nice visit and decent value.

Went to Tosca to celebrate my brother's birthday.  The service is superb, as were the execution of all the dishes.  We had foie gras, seafood brodetto and prosciutto to start.  The broth in the seafood stew was so good that my daughter slurped it all up.

We then shared a bunch of pastas, spaghetti with clams, lobster ravioli, and gargenelli with lamb ragu.  The lobster ravioli is weaker compared to the Fiola version but that's a completely different dish that costs much more.

Finally we share more pasta and entrees - branzino, risotto, ravioli del plin, and venison loin. 

I couldn't get us a reservation at Fiola but Tosca is a wonderful second choice.  For Italian in the DC area, I'd rank Tosca right behind Fiola (I'm not crazy about Masseria).

• Like 2

On 12/26/2017 at 9:31 AM, Ericandblueboy said:

Went to Tosca to celebrate my brother's birthday.  The service is superb, as were the execution of all the dishes.  We had foie gras, seafood brodetto and prosciutto to start.  The broth in the seafood stew was so good that my daughter slurped it all up.

We then shared a bunch of pastas, spaghetti with clams, lobster ravioli, and gargenelli with lamb ragu.  The lobster ravioli is weaker compared to the Fiola version but that's a completely different dish that costs much more.

Finally we share more pasta and entrees - branzino, risotto, ravioli del plin, and venison loin. 

I couldn't get us a reservation at Fiola but Tosca is a wonderful second choice.  For Italian in the DC area, I'd rank Tosca right behind Fiola (I'm not crazy about Masseria).

Agreed.

We went again recently and it was wonderful. GReat service and delicious food.  Discovered they have some quite, quite good cocktails ad then indulged in a nice lineup of food (no dessert - too stuffed)...

Trevigiana salad was wonderful
Brodetto was quite good, but much of the proteins were overcooked, sadly. Flavors were solid.
The cod ravioli was tasty, but the Ravioli del Plin outshone it.
The Polpo main was quite good, but the Costoletta di Vitello was superb and paired best with the Amarone we were drinking.

I'd go back, even at the high prices.

FWIW - I am sure it is not jsut me, but dining out continues to get more and more and more expensive. True, I do not have to order as much as I sdo and I can go to more casual places, but when I want to dine out and do so with gusto, it is....expensive.

5 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I'd go back, even at the high prices.

FWIW - I am sure it is not just me, but dining out continues to get more and more and more expensive. True, I do not have to order as much as I do and I can go to more casual places, but when I want to dine out and do so with gusto, it is....expensive.

I once saw a dining guide of Washington, DC from 1965. It listed the Jockey Club as $$$$ because the rack of lamb was $3.95.

Still good. Glad I didn't pick up the bill. I am very please that this thread informed me that they could do half dishes...I did two dishes for lunch today and am stuffed and happy. Squid ink pasta stuffed with halibut was good and the fresh pea puree made it next level since it was amazing. Every day fresh fish is available as a special. Today, perfectly grilled scallops were served over perfectly sautéed spring veggies in a garlic olive oil. I am very full and very happy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

My wife and I went again for Christmas Eve dinner and very much enjoyed ourselves. Delicious everything and so damn civilized. We'll be back. But, well you know, Annabelle beckons.

Pool Boy, if you can remember, can you list some of you favorites? It's clear you loved the restaurant, so just a run-down of some suggestions would be very helpful.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:09 AM, DonRocks said:

Pool Boy, if you can remember, can you list some of you favorites? It's clear you loved the restaurant, so just a run-down of some suggestions would be very helpful.

We opted to not take photos since it was Christmas Eve. But my wife started with the Trevisana salad (always great), while I had a soup special. She moved on to a pasta with a lot of seafood in it (it might have been squid ink pasta) - which was great. I believe I had a risotto special they had on the menu for that night which was simple but so full of flavor - amazing.  My wife then had a skate wing special (there was a lot of seafood on the a la carte menu & specials because of their special feast of the seven fishes which we did not order). I ended up with an octopus dish which I think is on their regular menu where the accoutrements not only augmented the very well prepared octopus, but in some cases outshone the octopus. So good.

• Thanks 1

It had been some time since we'd been to Tosca, so we wanted to get there for Christmas Eve (Feast of the Seven Fishes and all that), but then, after dodging it for almost 3 years, my wife and I got struck with covid (17 days - ugh). Anyway, we vowed to reschedule and went later in January.

We took no pictures, and their menu on the website is already different fro what we had. But I do remember enjoying dinner quite a lot and we had some good wine, and it was great to be over covid, out with my wife ad enjoying dinner here in such a nice space.

Will I be back and do I recommend Tosca? Yes and hell yes.