Kistler Pinot Noir, Highly Allocated Wine Requiring Customers To Purchase Others - Kistler Vineyards, Sonoma County, California

I am always one to support those that have the talent, and Eric, Andy and Mark are ones to support. I think, yes "I think" the biggest over priced item of the evening was your Kistler Pinot. What do you do with all the white wine you have to buy to get the Pinot. :blink:

Are you making reference to Kistler's wine allocation list?

I've had plenty of Kistler over the years, mainly their chardonnays and, very infrequently, their Pinots. I would pretty much love to buy just their pinots, but they force you to buy many cases of their chardonnays to get access to the pinots. I gave up trying many years ago. There is plenty of other wine out there to try and see what I think.

15 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I've had plenty of Kistler over the years, mainly their chardonnays and, very infrequently, their Pinots. I would pretty much love to buy just their pinots, but they force you to buy many cases of their chardonnays to get access to the pinots. I gave up trying many years ago. There is plenty of other wine out there to try and see what I think.

Yes, especially at those prices.

• Like 2

When interstate shipping of wine first began, I was fortunate (or was it unfortunate) enough to get on their allocation list.  At that time, you had to manually fill out an order form and mail it to them with a check for thousands of dollars.  When the wine arrived a few weeks later, it was accompanied by a note that said I made a mistake in calculating the total price, but that they shipped the wine anyway and would add the $3.00 to my next order.  I never placed another order!