Good Stuff Eatery, Burgers, Fries, and Shakes in Capitol Hill and Crystal City

That's because you've never been to Sushi Kappo Kawasaki! My blood curdles each time I think of that meal.

All I would add is that it could have simply been one person who just had a breakup, found out a relative was sick, etc.; this sounds isolated rather than institutionalized, but I'm sorry it happened to you regardless.

The bad-night theory could explain the service miscues but not the line layout, cleanliness and food-quality concerns?

Just to clarify if you missed it in my other post, but my one and only trip here was a few years back, so I couldn't say anything about the current state of the place. I only really brought it up because it's been so long and I still get kind of mad when I think about it. Basically it's what Don is getting at, the terrible service just made everything else seem that much worse because it instantly made everyone unhappy or uncomfortable.

The only place I can think of that I've had close to this level of "Fuck You" service was the Casa Rico in Frederick, but I don't think we even have a thread for that here.

Also I completely forgot about the Geoduck rant, I'm glad to see it again because I needed the laugh.  :P

Just to clarify if you missed it in my other post, but my one and only trip here was a few years back, so I couldn't say anything about the current state of the place. I only really brought it up because it's been so long and I still get kind of mad when I think about it. Basically it's what Don is getting at, the terrible service just made everything else seem that much worse because it instantly made everyone unhappy or uncomfortable.

The only place I can think of that I've had close to this level of "Fuck You" service was the Casa Rico in Frederick, but I don't think we even have a thread for that here.

The one and only time I went to Good Stuff, Spike's father was in the front of the house and being brash, obnoxious, and offensive (in my sense of the words; YMMV).*  I didn't find the ordering system to be great, but it wasn't horrible.

I've been to We the Pizza more times than that and have found the service horrible (very uncooperative and surly).  Seems like an institutional issue to me, but I haven't been enough times to draw that conclusion authoritatively.  And I have not been to Bearnaise.

*He was just there.  He was not serving customers.

The one and only time I went to Good Stuff, Spike's father was in the front of the house and being brash, obnoxious, and offensive (in my sense of the words; YMMV).*  I didn't find the ordering system to be great, but it wasn't horrible.

I've been to We the Pizza more times than that and have found the service horrible (very uncooperative and surly).  Seems like an institutional issue to me, but I haven't been enough times to draw that conclusion authoritatively.  And I have not been to Bearnaise.

I've found both GS and WTP very off-putting places, and haven't returned in some time. Bearnaise, on the other hand, is so wholly different that you'd probably not guess they emerge from the same person. Which is not to call it great, but the service was pleasant and competent enough, and I would actually consider returning.

Speaking of filthy conditions, the only time I've been to Five Guys was some years ago. to the Georgetown location, and it kind of grossed me out. If that's what people think McDonald's should be, no thanks.