DonRocks

Pizzeria Orso, S. Maple Ave. in Falls Church - Chef Carlos Diaz Steps In For Will Artley, With GM Sara Barrera

Edan Macquaid, long-time pizzaiolo at 2 Amys, is partnering with the owners of 2941 to open a pizzeria in downtown Falls Church. The name is to be determined, and the location is best kept off-the-record for now. This has been in the works for some time, and, at least on paper, has the potential to be one of the most exciting restaurants to open in 2008. Look for Macquaid back in action as a full partner, serving up wood-fired Neopolitan pizza - possibly with DOC status - antipasti, a full selection of beer and wine, possibly a liquor license, an exhibition kitchen, and seating at the bar. Not all details have been resolved, and I don't wish to overstep my bounds, so this is all I feel comfortable saying for now.

Congratulations to everyone involved, and we'll see you soon.

Cheers!
Rocks.

What is considered "Downtown Falls Church", Do you mean old town (intersection of Rt 7 and 29) do you mean closer to 7 Corners? or do you mean close to Tyson's? Falls Church seems to spew in several directions.

Edan Macquaid, long-time pizzaiolo at 2 Amys, is partnering with the owners of 2941 to open a pizzeria in downtown Falls Church. The name is to be determined, and the location is best kept off-the-record for now. This has been in the works for some time, and, at least on paper, has the potential to be one of the most exciting restaurants to open in 2008. Look for Macquaid back in action as a full partner, serving up wood-fired Neopolitan pizza - possibly with DOC status - antipasti, a full selection of beer and wine, possibly a liquor license, an exhibition kitchen, and seating at the bar. Not all details have been resolved, and I don't wish to overstep my bounds, so this is all I feel comfortable saying for now.

Cheers!

Rocks.

What is considered "Downtown Falls Church", Do you mean old town (intersection of Rt 7 and 29) do you mean closer to 7 Corners? or do you mean close to Tyson's? Falls Church seems to spew in several directions.

Old town. :mellow:

More competition for my beloved American Flatbread...

I've heard conflicting reports over declining quality in 2 Amy's pizza.... is Macquaid still on board there?

More competition for my beloved American Flatbread...

I've heard conflicting reports over declining quality in 2 Amy's pizza.... is Macquaid still on board there?

No. Look up pizza man's posts and it might shed some light on why.

Cheers!

Rocks.

This confirms some scuttlebutt I heard recently. I work in downtown FC. This is what we in the news biz call "second-sourcing."

I've heard there are other locations set to open as well. The Master of Puppets that lured him away owns other restaurants. Also, the Pizza boy from Two Ammys (SP?) isn't the head Pizzaiolo..................it is someone else. :mellow:

I've heard there are other locations set to open as well. The Master of Puppets that lured him away owns other restaurants. Also, the Pizza boy from Two Ammys (SP?) isn't the head Pizzaiolo..................it is someone else. :mellow:

That is correct. What I know is that the owner of 2941 is going to open SEVERAL of these over the Washington Metropolitan area. One of the good things about it is that I understand Patrick Diess is overseeing the operation. Patrick was Jon Krinn's Executive Sous when he opened 2941.

THE PIZZA SHOULD BE AWESOME.

That is correct. What I know is that the owner of 2941 is going to open SEVERAL of these over the Washington Metropolitan area. One of the good things about it is that I understand Patrick Diess is overseeing the operation. Patrick was Jon Krinn's Executive Sous when he opened 2941.

THE PIZZA SHOULD BE AWESOME.

Have you tasted the trial pizzas? :mellow: LOL

Have you tasted the trial pizzas? :mellow: LOL

o, but if I know Pats cooking, and I do, I would have to say that it is going to be good. Pat has always put out a good plate.

Cheers!

Rocks.

Now that some of the details have been leaked, I'll step in and add that the correct name is Pizzeria Orso, not Pizzeria Orzo.

Cheers,

Rocks

Have you tasted the trial pizzas? :lol: LOL

Fortunatly I have, and I look forward to being able to try them in situ

Anyone know where this project stands?

A random drive-by showed a nicely-painted sign in the window, at the building marked 400 S. Maple Avenue. This is right "behind" (or to the right of?) the Elevation Burger plaza. I didn't have a chance to peek inside.

Now that some of the details have been leaked, I'll step in and add that the correct name is Pizzeria Orso, not Pizzeria Orzo.

Cheers,

Rocks

Edan, you told me it was Orso, no? Any idea when it's going to open?

Click here for the floor plan (which says Orzo).

Yeah, It's Orso, and that's the floorplan..(although I've never seen that version before.)

*edit* actually, I've seen it before, just not the misspelled version.. Gotta have somebody fix that.

Hopefully construction will start soon.

Hi,

We have a web page up, and a facebook fan page...things are moving along. Check it out, if you want.

Finally great pizza in Virginia, and no too far from my house. Is this place going to be a romper room though?

Finally great pizza in Virginia, and no too far from my house. Is this place going to be a romper room though?

As long as I can pick up a fabulous pizza and bring it to my house they can populate it with wall-to-wall pigs for all I care.

post-5770-126814813418_thumb.jpg

As long as I can pick up a fabulous pizza and bring it to my house they can populate it with wall-to-wall pigs for all I care.

Look like piglets by Escher.