Eating at Camden Yards

Yesterday, however, at Camden Yards, was the first time I have ever NOT heard Take Me Out to the Ball Game sung at the 7th inning stretch. Apparently they have dropped it from the repertoire. I was very sad.

I was there too. It's been "Country Boy" and sometimes, like yesterday, something in honor of deployed troops. From our seats we get to see an enthusiastic usher come out in overalls and a fiddle - one day he'll go "over the moon" while he's dancing a jig during the stretch.

It was a great game despite the weather -- weren't the new screens wonderful? My +1 commented that the OPACY screens are on Day One better than the screens in Nationals Park - maybe smaller, but with better information. Minor quibble - the pitch count screen over left field now gives the speed and type of pitch, but doesn't display the cummulative pitch count reliably.

Back on Food Topic: Camden Yards has in-the-stands vendors projecting real personality. Our hot chocolate vendor's pitch was: Hot Chocolate! It's 40 degrees, surrender now! [still doesn't top the AT&T Field Hot Chocolate vendor with a tank of Ghiradelli strapped to his back and whipped cream canisters on a holster -- in San Francisco's version of June]

Back on Food Topic: Camden Yards has in-the-stands vendors projecting real personality.

One of the Cracker Jack vendors at the new Nats Park has a spiel something like: "Cracker Jacks here! And guess what? YOU GET A TOY INSIDE!" Got lots of laughter from the crowds, and more than a few parents buying some for the kids.

So where should we go after the game on Saturday night for a few beers and a burger or two? We're probably looking to avoid the immediate surroundings of the park, and would prefer a "t-shirt and jeans" type of place that is not necessarily a (total) dive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

So where should we go after the game on Saturday night for a few beers and a burger or two? We're probably looking to avoid the immediate surroundings of the park, and would prefer a "t-shirt and jeans" type of place that is not necessarily a (total) dive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I've always been partial to John Stevens in Fells Point. A few doors down you'll find The Black Cat which is great for good beers!

Yesterday was my first Camden Yard game of the season. Attman's opened a 200-seat ,fast-casual outlet just inside the Eutaw Street Gate [Warehouse D]. I split an excellent Reuben, super crunch pickle and slice of rainbow cake. The Reuben was messy enough to really require a table. Better experience than their previous carry-out stand followed by trying to eat in the stands. They had their NY Deli Mustard on the tables, yum.

Beers at the microbrew stands included: Fordham Copper Head Ale, Heavy Seas (formerly Clipper City) lager, and Flying Dog Brewery's Snake Dog IPA. There was also Heineken, Guiness and Smithwicks at the larger, walk-up stands. The IPA was not as hoppy as described by Rob Kasper in the Baltimore Sun .

This may be old news to some, but some new items are being unveiled today.

http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templates/orioles.aspx?articleid=69925&zoneid=61

The following is a full list and brief explanation of some of the foods which will debut at the ballpark in the redesigned and rebranded concessions:

Camden Yards Crab Cake: Sportservice chefs got their inspiration for the Camden Yards Crab Cake by sampling the Maryland favorite at more than 50 restaurants in the region. The exclusive crab cake for Oriole Park's concessions and premium areas is made with all-jumbo lump crabmeat and served with cocktail and tartar sauces, fresh lemons, crackers and Tabasco®. *Available at the Old Bay Seafood® satellite stand and on the club level

The Birdland Dog: Sportservice created The Birdland Dog by topping the crowd-pleasing Esskay hotdog with the tastes of Baltimore: smoked pit beef, Little Italy pepperoni hash, stewed tomato jam and crispy, fried onions. Nestled in a fresh bakery bun, it's a hot dog that eats like a meal. *Available at Polock Johnny's Famous Polish Sausage stands and on the club level Polock Johnny's Sausage: A Baltimore favorite from the popular eatery in the Lexington Market, this brand holds true to its 1921 slogan: "Polock Johnny is my name. Polish sausage is my game." *Available at Polock Johnny's Famous Polish Sausage stands and on the club level

O's Pretzel: These tasty pretzels are hand-rolled and formed in the Orioles script "O." Sportservice chefs make them from scratch daily, baking and basting them in butter and finishing each pretzel with a sprinkling of kosher salt. Fans can dip them in their favorite condiment, but we predict many will love them just the way they are. *Available at the Hand-Rolled Pretzel stand on the first-base side of the main concourse

Chop House Steak & Egg Sandwich: Sportservice uses certified Angus skirt steak, marinated and served with balsamic onions, horseradish cream and Gouda cheese. A fried egg is the finishing touch. *Available at the Baltimore Chop House stand and on the club level Beer-Battered Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich: This new sandwich features Chesapeake Bay soft-shell crab, battered in a mixture of National Bohemian Beer and Old Bay® spices, lightly fried and served on a fresh roll. With local taste as the driving force, this sandwich is a sure home run. *Available at the Old Bay Seafood® satellite stand and on the club level

Little Italy Meatball Sub: A nod to the traditions of Baltimore's Italian community, the meatballs are made right at the ballpark with San Marzano tomatoes, Pecorino Romano cheese, basil, garlic and other ingredients. Sportservice chefs hand-roll and finish the meatballs with dry white wine. *Available at the By the Slice Pizza stands and on the club level Rolling Crab: Our roller grills aren't just for hot dogs anymore. Sportservice's spiced-up crabmeat option boasts a spring roll filled with crab meat, peppers, pepper jack cheese and various secret spices. Flash-fried and then served from a traditional roller grill, the Rolling Crab satisfies one of Baltimore's most sought-after tastes with a Tex-Mex flair. *Available at the Old Bay Seafood® satellite stand

Boog's BBQ: One of the most recognizable brands in the ballpark returns with a rich variety of pit beef, pork and turkey sandwiches. The meat is seasoned with Boog's signature barbeque rub, smoked and then charred on an open flame. This year we're introducing the Big Boog - twice the meat with the same great flavor. *As always, available at Boog's BBQ on Eutaw Street

Old Bay® Wings: These jumbo wings are fried to perfection and tossed with local favorite Old Bay® Seasoning. Move over, Buffalo wings, Baltimore Wings are in the house. *Available at Das Sausage Haus stands and on the suite menu

Natty Boh Brat: What do you get when you take a traditional bratwurst and infuse it with the great taste of National Bohemian Beer? A signature item for Orioles fans that is now available at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. *Available at Das Sausage Haus stands

Berger Cookies: The signature Berger Cookie - a vanilla wafer topped with a thick layer of chocolate ganache - has been one of Baltimore's local treats since the Berger family brought it from Germany in 1835. There's a reason it's been around for 175 years: It was perfect from the start. *Available on the club level but also might be available in concessions in the future Baltimore Wedge Salad: This new salad features grape tomatoes, crispy bacon, green onions, garbanzo beans, peas and bleu cheese, topped with red wine vinaigrette. It's a dynamic field of greens for one of baseball's most innovative ballparks. *Available on the suite menu.

The Opening Weekend of Camden Yards’ 20th Season concluded with a sweep of the Twins.

New on the food scene this year and located near the Eutaw Street Gate are three new options:

The relaunched Gino's Burgers & Chicken with its Gino's Giant.

A ballpark location of the Fell's Point Stuggy's with it many variations on sausage & hot dogs. I had a Crab Mac&Cheese Dog that was moderately successful - will try something different next time.

In the warehouse is a brew pub named for and partially owned by Rick Dempsey. Dempsey's Brew Pub's website is still under construction, but will hopefully give tap updates. Currently, they're serving Wild Pitch Wheat, Pine Tar Stout, Rick's Red Ale, and Rain Delay IPA. They are on our list for next time and hopefully they'll be fully operational.

I had the new Korean tacos on Friday....not exactly your typical ballpark fare and not bad either. Not mind-blowing either, but something different.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Triple Crown- a hot dog topped with pulled pork and bacon, served with sides of baked beans and coleslaw at the BBQ stand out in right field in fair territory by the Eutaw Street entrance.

The Orioles opening home stand of 2015 is well underway. Changes include the departure of Gino's and Stuggy's (Eutaw Street) as well as Polock Johnny's (Section 5). They've been replaced by Baltimore Burger Co, ESSKAY Gourmet Hotdogs, and Smithfield respectively. The Baltimore Sun's Richard Gorelick describes changes here. He also describes a healthy option from PlantBar that serves cold-pressed juices and vegan food.

The Flying Dog stand on the lower concourse has no taps, just bottles and cans, For local draft beer, head upstairs (or up the nearby elevator) to Section 332-336 for Flying Dog and Heavy Seas. There's also a Sweet Water (Atlanta) stand between them.

post-226-0-47740200-1429069274_thumb.jpg

Other choices on the lower level include: Natty Boh, Goose Island, Blue Point, Sam Adams, Modelo Especial & Corona (at Ole Mole), and lots and lots of Bud (even a Cardinal Red beer wagon, without the Clydesdales).

post-226-0-80741600-1429070623_thumb.jpg

If you were at Sunday's game too, here's the gigapan.

• Like 1

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/03/31/new-food-options-at-oriole-park/

Jalapeno Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dog: Deep-fried ESSKAY hot dog wrapped in jalapeno bacon with American cheese (available at ESSKAY Gourmet Hot Dogs)

Smoked Brisket BBQ Sandwich: Slow-smoked Angus brisket with house-made BBQ sauce and tobacco onions (Eutaw Street Grill)

Spicy Chicken Chipper: House-made Yukon gold kettle chips with smoked buffalo style pulled chicken, blue cheese dressing, and diced celery (The Chipper)

The High Heater Burger: Two fresh beef patties with sautéed jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, smoked bacon, and chipotle aioli (Bud & Burgers)

Roma Chorizo Sausage: Fresh chorizo sausage with tequila lime caramelized onions and cotija cheese (Roma Sausage)

1 hour ago, rockcreek said:

Huh. Well how about that!

We're headed up to Oriole Park tonight, so I'll check in there and see what's up. 

I was at Camden Yards last weekend...Beer is cheaper there, and I was a few in, but the Old Bay sausage filled me up and wasn't offensive.

On 5/16/2016 at 9:10 PM, saf said:

They let you bring in food too - used to do it all the time.

Our original plan was to park by the University Medical Center, walk past the Potbelly, grab sandwiches and go. That didn't happen. ¯\_(í