Higher Tier, Non-Chain Hibachi/Tepanyaki

DanCole42

So if I want a burger, I can go to Five Guys, or I can go to Ray's. If I want Mexican, I can go to Don Pablo's, or I can go to Guajillo. If I want pizza, I can go to Ledo's, or I can go to American Flatbread.

What about hibachi? Are there alternatives to Benihana that offer more of a higher tier experience in terms of better ingredients? Something that's not a major chain?

FWIW I've been to Matsutake in Ballston, Sakura in Fair Lakes, and Benihana in Georgetown.

So if I want a burger, I can go to Five Guys, or I can go to Ray's. If I want Mexican, I can go to Don Pablo's, or I can go to Guajillo. If I want pizza, I can go to Ledo's, or I can go to American Flatbread.

What about hibachi? Are there alternatives to Benihana that offer more of a higher tier experience in terms of better ingredients? Something that's not a major chain?

FWIW I've been to Matsutake in Ballston, Sakura in Fair Lakes, and Benihana in Georgetown.

I've never been here, even though it's almost across the street from me.

Ziki Japanese Steak House

Look on page 6 of the menu for their hibachi menu. It's right next to the gas station in the Rio in Gaithersburg where the Taco Bar is. It is non chain (as far as I can tell), but I don't know if it offers better ingredients. In fact, I rarely see people there, and I honestly think it's a mob hangout where they pump rat milk, but that's just a theory.

I honestly think it's a mob hangout where they pump rat milk, but that's just a theory.

My daughter went to a birthday party there a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been.

The Simpsons connection is a little too good here.