Coffee 101 Classes

I'm going to lead several coffee lecture and tasting sessions at LivingSocial's 918 F St facility this month. The intent of the lecture is to give folks a comprehensive overview that will make them more informed consumers. It will cover everything from farming to brewing coffee and will include a guided tasting to introduce people to some of the concepts professionals use to distinguish different coffees.

You can sign up here: https://www.livingso...h-qualia-coffee

If you are interested in the subject, but won't be able to make it out for the classes, I also have a lot of information and tips on my blog here: http://cuppajoel.wordpress.com

Joel

I really want to do another coffee classes, this time focused more on better brewing at home. The last one I did, with Living Social, went fairly well, but LS is laser targeted on a very specific demographic and I was hoping to hit a wider mark with the next one. Does anyone know of a similar service that hosts cooking classes I could approach? I'd like to do it in a demo kitchen to make it as practical as possible.

I really want to do another coffee classes, this time focused more on better brewing at home. The last one I did, with Living Social, went fairly well, but LS is laser targeted on a very specific demographic and I was hoping to hit a wider mark with the next one. Does anyone know of a similar service that hosts cooking classes I could approach? I'd like to do it in a demo kitchen to make it as practical as possible.

I don't know what the logistics are for hosting a class at these places, but I have taken cooking classes (both hands on and observing only) from Sur La Table in Pentagon Row, Culinaerie in DC, and L'Academie de Cuisine in Bethesda/Gaithersburg.