In-N-Out Burger Owner is America's Youngest Female Billionaire

Kibbee Nayee

I have long held that this chain is over-rated, but I can't deny that it has a cult following of sorts. Today I find out that the owner is 30, and has been married three time (so far), and is our youngest female billionaire?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/youngest-american-woman-billionaire-found-050001915.html

I'm scratching my head over this one....

I have long held that this chain is over-rated, but I can't deny that it has a cult following of sorts. Today I find out that the owner is 30, and has been married three time (so far), and is our youngest female billionaire?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/youngest-american-woman-billionaire-found-050001915.html

I'm scratching my head over this one....

She inherited the company. I don't know what the big deal is about In 'n Out but I don't go out of my way to attack the company, its food, or its owner. You seem to crusade against food you think is over-rated. Maybe you can conduct an inquisition over Joe H, since he's a believer.

I'm really sorry that this is the first thread for In-n-Out Burger on here.

"Torres has little formal management training and no college degree. The company was structured to carry on after the demise of its founders, according to a 2003 Harvard Business School case study. In-N-Out has never franchised to outside operators, the Harvard researchers said, giving up a low-cost revenue stream in exchange for maintaining quality control."

"After her husband died, their son Rich Snyder took over and kept building the family business until December 15th, 1993.

That night, the 41-year old president and two other In-N-Out executives died in a Santa Ana plane crash.

Six years later, the Synder's other son, Guy, died of a prescription drug overdose.

Industry experts say that could have been the end of the tightly controlled burger chain, which refused to go public or franchise."

But it wasn't.

The key comment above is this: "The company was structured to carry on after the demise of its founders."

She is the owner. It'll just be another 5 years until she's also the controlling executive. In-N-Out. Mmmmm.

I know. Economy of words in service of sarcasm. Try, "Whew. I for one am relieved that the company has protected itself from the dire consequences of the ownership of a thrice-divorced 30-year-old woman because her judgment would clearly bring shame and disaster on our esteemed corporation."

She inherited the company. I don't know what the big deal is about In 'n Out but I don't go out of my way to attack the company, its food, or its owner. You seem to crusade against food you think is over-rated. Maybe you can conduct an inquisition over Joe H, since he's a believer.

I may not be expresing my opinions about In-n-out but I am right there with Joe H. Just love it or just do it

They also pay more than any other fast food store and do funny things like serving ketchup cold. Even funnier things like fresh potatoes and real ice cream in milkshakes and fresh hamburger. Even cook to order. I'd argue the quality of their staff is the highest in the industry. I'd argue the pride of their staff is the highest also.

And fries animal style (i.e. grilled onions, melted cheese and "spread" is legitimately delicious. As is a four by four and a Neopolitan shake.

"Famous for its Double-Double cheeseburgers, fresh ingredients and discreet biblical citations on its cups and food wrappers, In-N-Out has almost 280 units in five states."

Oh good grief, them too? Suddenly I don't care that they're not around here. Maybe they should merge with Alaskan Air and that there Chick Fella'.

You have something against potato milkshakes?

They may soon be on the menu of In-n-Out's East Coast acolyte, Cook Out, which is famous for its huge variety of milkshakes, and shares not only I-n-O's approach to burgers but also its religiocity.

I was unsure if there was a grammatical problem or if there really were potato milkshakes. Come to think of it, I'm still unsure. Ever since bacon started appearing in anything, I just can't tell a joke from real food.