Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Clickty clack here to find your closest shop

I highly recommend the hillvalley method for enjoying a cone on free cone day: Find a good friend,

Stand in line and chat,

Finally get into the store and get your cone,

Go back to the end of the line,

Enjoy cone while standing line for next cone. 

Repeat as necessary <_<

Mine is to see how many different stores you can fit into your schedule.

Work? How can you work when it's free cone day?

Free ice cream cone at Ben and Jerry's, April 17 .

I always laugh at the very well dressed people waiting for free cone at the Ben and Jerry's on 19th Street.

Why is the wait worth it to them? Then I think (doh!):

"Billable hour!"

Whose account gets charged: The Confection and Ice Cream Frozen Dairy Dessert Association?

I take the GMAT that day. Should be done by 3:30. I wonder how much vodka I can consume while waiting in line repeatedly for free ice cream. I'll be at the E Street location if anyone wants to watch...I'll be the girl muttering "F*ck square roots" over and over again.

I take the GMAT that day. Should be done by 3:30. I wonder how much vodka I can consume while waiting in line repeatedly for free ice cream. I'll be at the E Street location if anyone wants to watch...I'll be the girl muttering "F*ck square roots" over and over again.

It will be a very short line at the E St. location. According to the website, they don't participate in Free Cone Day.

Old Post Office at 1100 Penn is the nearest location to there.

It will be a very short line at the E St. location. According to the website, they don't participate in Free Cone Day.

Old Post Office at 1100 Penn is the nearest location to there.

Very good to know. Good thing I have my travel gallon of vodka... :blink:

Bump-I wonder how much the weather on the east coast will effect how much ice cream they give away. :blink:
I think we will probably still brave it and my plan is to take the girls to Rockville B&J about 6:30ish.

Never too cold for ice cream.

I've been a Ben and Jerry's fan from the womb. When my dad was in medical school in Vermont in the late 70's Ben and Jerry opened up their first ice cream store across the street from the lawfirm where my mother worked. My parents have all these stories about it being 30 below or something crazy and still going out for Ben and Jerry's becuase they wanted to keep them in buisness for the summer.

Thank god B&J never opened a location out in the boonies of the Dulles Tech corridor (and if there is one nearby, don't tell me where!).
Er, there's been one in the middle of Dulles Town Center's food snort since it opened. Sorry. ;)

I was traveling for work on Tuesday and didn't get to partake in the free cone day, but I did have B&Js over the weekend and tried a new flavor I never had before...Cinnamon Buns. Wow. I couldn't handle more than a small scoop of this rich treat, but it was so good. Caramel ice cream with cinnamon bun dough and caramel cinnamon struesel swirl throughout. Ridiculous.

I haven't read the paperwork on the outside carefully, but I'll guess they'll try to go for a sidewalk cafe. After dark (or, at least, in the summertime after dark), not much is open along there except Tunnicliffs, Ben and Jerrys, and Montmarte. It would really help the street scene along there to have another active restaurant open well into the night hours.

Scratch Ben & Jerry's from that list. Latin American Youth Center, the community group that held the franchise at this location closed it up as of November 30th, and the interior has been stripped.

Scratch Ben & Jerry's from that list. Latin American Youth Center, the community group that held the franchise at this location closed it up as of November 30th, and the interior has been stripped.

According to some online neighborhood scuttlebutt, Montmartre will be expanding into this now-vacant space.

According to some online neighborhood scuttlebutt, Montmartre will be expanding into this now-vacant space.
I hadn't noticed yet that the Ben and Jerry's was closed. It would be great if Montmartre expanded, though I have to say, I wish they had just kept the space intact when the post office left. Having a Ben and Jerry's was good, but those two spaces were way too small.

eCONEomics101-2.gifOn March 24, donate a non-perishable food item and receive a scoop for $1! Enjoy your favorite flavor AND help others in need. Now that's what we call a sweet deal! All donations will be supplied to your community's local food bank.

Looks like another economy victim - The Ben and Jerry's scoop shop in Bethesda was closed with a Leasing sign in the window. That block has more for lease signs than actual business running.

On Free cone day I used to go Bethesda in the afternoon and Rockville at night.

Unfortunately free cone day was the only time I ever saw the Bethesda store busy.

They actually did very well. They are moving to the old Giffords spot by landmark theatres an I hear giffords may be looking to take over their spot on fairimont Problem is fairmot ave will soon be home to the county's largest construction project spanning 2 full Bethesda blocks !

FYI It's free scoop day today. The line at the Old Town location is currently very very small you can get in and out in about a minute or two. And potato chips are coated in chocolate as little balls in the late night snack ice cream and it is very good.

FYI It's free scoop day today. The line at the Old Town location is currently very very small you can get in and out in about a minute or two. And potato chips are coated in chocolate as little balls in the late night snack ice cream and it is very good.

Agreed about the flavor. That was my choice as well. The line at Dupont was surprisingly not that bad (maybe 12 min?) around 12:45pm today. I also recommend the other new flavor, Clusterfluff (peanut butter ice cream, caramel, marshmallow ribbon). Nothin wrong with a free cone!