Christopher's, Chef Christopher Bowers' Fine Dining at 1286 Route 3 South in Crofton - Closed

On 2/13/2006 at 1:38 PM, JLK said:

One of my closest friends recently moved from NYC to Crofton (the things we do for love!). She's been great about coming into DC to meet me for dinner, brunch and cocktails, and I'd like to return the favor more often.

When I last visited her, we had an utterly forgettable meal in Annapolis on the bay (is it the bay? the harbor? whatever) at a Marriott or similar. I'd love to avoid that, if possible, but seeking out better local spots. I see that there's another Lebanese Taverna in Annapolis - that'll do, I suppose. I like it well enough.

But I'd love to come up with a few options to suggest to her because I expect to make the trip with some frequency. Thanks!

My condolences to your friend. My unfortunate brother lives there. There seems to be only one standout restaurant in Crofton, but it really is quite good-- it's almost worth the trip from DC.

Christopher's

Try the carpaccio! They also make a mean steak and their fish dishes are usually darn tasty.

My condolences to your friend. My unfortunate brother lives there. There seems to be only one standout restaurant in Crofton, but it really is quite good-- it's almost worth the trip from DC.

Christopher's

Try the carpaccio! They also make a mean steak and their fish dishes are usually darn tasty.

Al Dente, Awhile back, I split this off from the Dining in Crofton thread, and it's been sitting all by its lonesome. Nine+ years later, do you still think Christopher's is still worth trying? Very much *unlike* in DC, where things have changed completely, totally beyond recognition where they were in 2006, many places in the exurbs (and I think Crofton qualifies as an exurb of Baltimore too) remain frozen in time, and to return is to experience a restaurant not unlike the restaurant of yore.

Does your brother still live in Crofton, and have you been back? I've still never tried Christopher's, but the next time I'm out 450, I'll try and time my trip so that it's around a meal time - one "perk" about Christopher's is that lunch extends all the way up until dinner time: 5PM.

God forbid I should ever venture into Upper Marlboro!

Al Dente, Awhile back, I split this off from the Dining in Crofton thread, and it's been sitting all by its lonesome. Nine+ years later, do you still think Christopher's is still worth trying? Very much *unlike* in DC, where things have changed completely, totally beyond recognition where they were in 2006, many places in the exurbs (and I think Crofton qualifies as an exurb of Baltimore too) remain frozen in time, and to return is to experience a restaurant not unlike the restaurant of yore.

Does your brother still live in Crofton, and have you been back? I've still never tried Christopher's, but the next time I'm out 450, I'll try and time my trip so that it's around a meal time - one "perk" about Christopher's is that lunch extends all the way up until dinner time: 5PM.

God forbid I should ever venture into Upper Marlboro!

My bro moved to Baltimore proper a few years ago, so I haven't been back since 2007 or so. It was our main watering hole when I'd go out for a visit.