Okafor is going to be a big star at the next level- his footwork is as good as any post player I've seen since Olajuwon. 

Olajuwon had just absolutely great moves as a center.  Great moves and they were so much quicker than anyone defending him.  Here is video of when he crushed...just demolished David Robinson in a playoff match.  Probably the best "moves" of any notable center, ever:   ....and you have to listen to Robinson speaking of the match up.....

Olajuwon had just absolutely great moves as a center.  Great moves and they were so much quicker than anyone defending him.  Here is video of when he crushed...just demolished David Robinson in a playoff match.  Probably the best "moves" of any notable center, ever:   ....and you have to listen to Robinson speaking of the match up.....

That was an amazing 'mismatch' given the "victim" was the league MVP. Olajuwon, Drexler and Co continued the trend in the Finals, rolling the Shaq-led Magic in 4 straight for the sweep. Somehow, Robinson and the Spurs had, at least, gotten the conference series to a 6th game.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him."

-- Michael Jordan

I remember reading an article about the upcoming Olajuwon - I believe it was in Sports Illustrated right as he was taking the NBA by storm. The article mentioned that Olajuwon used to play one-on-one with Moses Malone (anyone who knows something about basketball knows how great and fearsome Malone was). Apparently, one day, Olajuwon just wore Malone out, and he wanted to quit (Moses Malone was not someone you "wore out"). Olajuwon said, "Come on, Mo, be a *mon*." That quote, even though it might not be exact, has stuck with me over the years. He played goalie on his *soccer team* in Nigeria, and he was apparently pretty darned good, too - Nigerians are fabulous soccer players, and for a seven-foot goalie to stand out over there is really saying something.

Jordan's point is a great one.  Clearly Wilt the Stilt was much, much more durable but the scenario given is an All-Time All-Star Team so point in time.  I think I'd agree.  For that team, for one game, at his prime, Hakeem was more versatile than Wilt or Kareem. Though the skyhook was a pretty cool invention too.  :)

Jordan's point is a great one.  Clearly Wilt the Stilt was much, much more durable but the scenario given is an All-Time All-Star Team so point in time.  I think I'd agree.  For that team, for one game, at his prime, Hakeem was more versatile than Wilt or Kareem. Though the skyhook was a pretty cool invention too.   :)

Walton before the injuries is the only one whose versatility compares to Akeem. That, of course, was short lived.

Not sure a specific move merits its own topic or if Kareem already has one but the skyhook was more than cool. It was historic and seismic in basketball terms.

An NBA video of Abdul-Jabbar using it to become the all-time scoring leader, breaking Chamberlain's record along with some wonderfully unselfish and humble commentary he offered after breaking it.  And, a great ESPN writeup putting it into the right historical context by J.A. Adande who calls it "the deadliest shot the NBA has ever seen."  He may well be right about that.