Odd Fellows Ice Cream, a Williamsburg-Based, Homemade Ice Cream Parlor now in East Village

So far, we have a BakeriesCupcakes, and Doughnuts thread, but no love for remaining types of goodies. So, here is one, because I thought others could share their finds, given the wide girth of options available in New York City.

This past weekend's find was OddFellows Ice Creamoriginating in Williamsburg, with an outpost (tiny) in East Village. I determinedly visited here after seeing Chef Johnny Iuzzini's tweets with photos about this place. I like that it uses local dairy to make its ice cream, as well as that it donates $0.05 per purchase to a food bank. The Village outpost is kind of a fun teeny place, with its uniform throwbacks and wholesome flavors, offering typical and unusual flavors, along with shakes, sundaes, splits, and such. When little man and I visited yesterday, his order of mint chocolate and my thai ice both hit the spot. I like how the ice creams weren't super sweet, and it was nice his wasn't so minty like some can be. The unusual flavor yesterday was Ants on a log, where the customer before us proclaimed, "there is such a succinct celery taste to it!"