Reheating Pizza

mr food

Hello!

Why not deliver?

First of all thanks to our valued customers we have enough business.

The number one reason why we are not doing delivery is: We will have to sacrifice service for the people who are coming to dine in and take out. So for the service issue we refuse to offer delivery or work with any outside delivery companies. However Postmates does it without our knowledge as pick up and then they deliver.

We are even debating to stop Catering Delivery as well because when the lunch times hits it's very difficult to manage big catering delivery orders when the place is already full for dine in as well as take out customers.

And I know the difficulties of delivery business because in past I had 5 pizza store focused on delivery. About 90% delivery.

It's just that you can't combine all ( dine in-take-out, delivery). Focus will go away and then the restaurant will lose service and quality.

So I say no to short term gains for long term losses.

How to reheat a slice

It's preferred to have pizza stone and you can buy it online or places like Bed and Beyond for $20 to $30. If you don't have a pizza stone then this is what you do:

#1 Preheat the oven 450° with a cookie sheet pan on bottom shelf. Make sure oven is hot and ready. About 15-20 minutes preheat.

#2 Place the pizza slices on the cookie sheet pan for a minute or two so the moisture can evaporate and the slice will get nice and crispy. But don't leave it in there more than 3 minutes otherwise you will have a cracker crust pizza.

A Silpat works for anything pizza.

12 hours ago, MsDiPesto said:

A friend of mine showed me this trick, and it's the best restorative warming you can do, IMHO. One must take the instructions of 2 drops of water seriously. The number shall not be one, and three is right out!

I should add (since I'm in the process of reheating pizza right now, in a cast-iron skillet, in the *oven*) that sometimes you want the toppings, cheese, sauce, etc. to dry out a bit - this pizza happened to come from a Ledo's franchise (extra cheese being one of the toppings), and they used a bit too much sauce - it's a sausage and green pepper pizza, and it wouldn't bother me at all if those toppings dried out a bit.

• Like 1