The Beacon, Chef Kazuto Matsusaka, GM Vicki Fan, and Pastry Chefs Rochelle Huppin and Lorraine Tajir's Pan-Asian Café in Culver City - Closed

I've been hearing great things about The Beacon in Culver City. The owner/chef is a Japanese guy who was the executive chef at Chinois for many years. I have a copy of the menu that looks fabulous--it is Japonais-style food. I stopped in but couldn't get a table. My brother has been a couple of times and says it is Da Bomb.

Loved Beacon, we got there last winter. We got there as it opened on a Saturday evening, no tables for us either, but the bar was available, and it was the best place to sit, and mingle with the locals.

Our waiter had a brother who lived in DC, and loved baseball, so we talked about the Nats and DC.

Would highly recommend it, but who knows now that months have gone by, it is probably nothing that special anymore.

I've been hearing great things about The Beacon in Culver City. The owner/chef is a Japanese guy who was the executive chef at Chinois for many years. I have a copy of the menu that looks fabulous--it is Japonais-style food. I stopped in but couldn't get a table. My brother has been a couple of times and says it is Da Bomb.

The Beacon closed on Jan 16, 2011:

post-2-0-71636800-1441512382_thumb.png