Oz, Local Owners Michael and Ashley Darby's Australian Replaces La Tagliatella in Clarendon

On 9/28/2015 at 7:20 PM, cheezepowder said:

Oz is an Australian restaurant and has replaced La Tagliatella at 2950 Clarendon Blvd in Clarendon.  According to Oz's Facebook page, Oz is having soft opening dinners for the public today, Sept. 28, and tomorrow.  Oz also opened this past Saturday, Sept. 26, during Clarendon Day from 12-5 pm for drinks and appetizers.  

That's a shame, as noted above it would be nice for the residents of Clarendon to have a nice, independently owned restaurant in that space again.  The stretch of Clarendon Blvd has really become a chain wasteland.

Oz is an Australian restaurant and has replaced La Tagliatella at 2950 Clarendon Blvd in Clarendon.  According to Oz's Facebook page, Oz is having soft opening dinners for the public today, Sept. 28, and tomorrow.  Oz also opened this past Saturday, Sept. 26, during Clarendon Day from 12-5 pm for drinks and appetizers. 

Sounds like the owners are restaurant industry newbies. I'll be interested to see how this places fares, as that space in Clarendon seems to be cursed. I gotta say though, the prices on the menu are alarmingly high. I guess that's what you need to charge to make rent there. $19 for fish and chips!!! Wowser.

That's a shame, as noted above it would be nice for the residents of Clarendon to have a nice, independently owned restaurant in that space again.  The stretch of Clarendon Blvd has really become a chain wasteland.

It is exactly an independently owned restaurant. You can reserve judgement on the 'nice' part, but it meets all definitions of an independent, locally owned place--one of the owners is an actual DC native, right? You can pre-emptively judge it on its glitz and glam factor, and on the fact that they are not "chef-owners," a class so beloved here, but they are certainly different than the multi-national monsters that were previously in the space.

To be clear, it's the probably the last place I will go to as it doesn't suit my tastes, but at least it isn't another big ass chain.

• Like 4