B.O.P. Brick Oven Pizza, Fells Point

For some reason, I thought there was a thread on B.O.P., a corner pizza joint right in the middle of Fells Point which has been there since 1997. If you look at their website, you'll see raves coming from Kevin Bacon, George Carlin, Melissa Etheridge, Luciano Pavaratti, and David Byrne.

A Slice of Pepperoni ($2.90) was just awful, as bad as any slice I've had in memory, with toppings reminiscent of something you'd find in a university cafeteria. The one redeeming quality was indeed the oven, which burns hot (24/7) and imparts a pretty good char to the otherwise bready crust.

If you like Spam, they're currently featuring a Spam pizza for $14.95. Let me know how it is.

Cheers,

Rocks.

A Slice of Pepperoni ($2.90) was just awful, as bad as any slice I've had in memory, with toppings reminiscent of something you'd find in a university cafeteria. The one redeeming quality was indeed the oven, which burns hot (24/7) and imparts a pretty good char to the otherwise bready crust.

I have been told that the whole pies are far better than the slices, but like you I went, was not impressed, and never returned. I don't remember it being awful, just horribly pedestrian.

For some reason, I thought there was a thread on B.O.P., a corner pizza joint right in the middle of Fells Point which has been there since 1997. If you look at their website, you'll see raves coming from Kevin Bacon, George Carlin, Melissa Etheridge, Luciano Pavaratti, and David Byrne.

If you like Spam, they're currently featuring a Spam pizza for $14.95. Let me know how it is.

Cheers,

Rocks.

BOP has good pizza after a night of drinking but I would not go there unless I was intoxicated. I remember those days going to Max's and then strolling over there and getting a peperoni pizza with ricotta... but I would rather go to 2 amy's in DC.

BOP has good pizza after a night of drinking but I would not go there unless I was intoxicated. I remember those days going to Max's and then strolling over there and getting a peperoni pizza with ricotta... but I would rather go to 2 amy's in DC.

2 Amys by a little bit, or a lot? - by a mole-hill, or by an Empire State Building?