Pre-Theater Dining

Hi all

I am going to dinner/late concert with some non-foodies (my brother and his wife). I'd like to introduce them to something good, but that isn't going to bust their budget. (It's easy for me to shell out 100 bucks solo, they are times-two which hits a little harder).

Any ideas for dining (does not need to be near theater as we don't have to be there until 9 PM) that would work out to about 60 bucks a person, drinks/tax/tips included? This is for non-foodies - I'd like to show them the world beyond chain restaurants. They are coming from near Baltimore, I live in the exurbs of NoVa near Dulles - so something in DC is the most central (although I might be able to talk them into Rays the Steaks....)

Thank you!

ps. I realize 60 is gonna be hard, so maybe go up to 75 each but would be better if it were lower, incl drink/tax/tip

Marcel's Pre-Theatre dinner is $58 per person between 5:30 and 7:00 PM with free Limousine service to the Kennedy Center. The Oval room's Pre-Theatre dinner is $35 per person between 5:30 and 6:30 PM. At Zola, there is no Pre-Theatre dinner but their Chef's Tasting Room provides $55 3-course dinner per person without time constraints.

Washington Post listed the best pre-theatre dining in the past but the price information is outdated.

Hi all

I am going to dinner/late concert with some non-foodies (my brother and his wife). I'd like to introduce them to something good, but that isn't going to bust their budget. (It's easy for me to shell out 100 bucks solo, they are times-two which hits a little harder).

Any ideas for dining (does not need to be near theater as we don't have to be there until 9 PM) that would work out to about 60 bucks a person, drinks/tax/tips included? This is for non-foodies - I'd like to show them the world beyond chain restaurants. They are coming from near Baltimore, I live in the exurbs of NoVa near Dulles - so something in DC is the most central (although I might be able to talk them into Rays the Steaks....)

Thank you!

ps. I realize 60 is gonna be hard, so maybe go up to 75 each but would be better if it were lower, incl drink/tax/tip

I know you were looking for specials, but if you're headed to the Penn Quarter, Jaleo, Oyamel, and Zaytinya should be able to fit your parameters and budget, especially if you order sangria by the carafe. On the same vein, Cafe Atlantico has a pre-theater menu w/ several choices for $35.